Motivation required for the last Hurdle

Options
I've started my journey with tracking my calories on 1St Jan last. Its now 1stJuly and I've lost 1st.10lbs . My goal is 2st.7lb so I'm 11lb away. I found alot of cardio really good (along with calorie counting), to get to the first stone but then hit plateau. Then I encorporated yoga, strength exercises and dumbbell weights and it started moving again. But hitting plateau again. I've increased the dumbbell weights slightly by week and in the past week, I've noticed my motivation for doing any work at all is gone. And I'm always hungry, even though I try to eat alot of low GI low calorie meals. I'm a stay at home mom so gym is out of the question. Any tips on what i can do to change things to get the pounds to move again?

Replies

• STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to go into maintenance phase let your body maintain the weight for a while then reset the goal and start the process again. You're human you have issues you have a busy schedule sometimes we need to take a break.

As far as motivation that has to come from within no one can motivate you to do anything especially in this weight loss Journey. In my opinion you need to find your why. That why had to be totally personal and selfish it can't be for the kids, your significant other it has to totally be about you. Buy it being totally about you, all the other whys take care of themselves.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Are you happy where you're at? If you are, that's ok. If you're not, that's the motivation.