Feeling discouraged need some encouragment

Options
Hi everyone,

I've been working really hard for almost 5 weeks, training everyday and eating well. I have almost lost 4kg but every time I look in the mirror or at my before pics I don't see any difference. It's really getting me down and makes me feel like I'm doing all this hard work for nothing.
When did people start seeing physical changes? And start liking their body?

Replies

• JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I've been on my diet for 5 days and I'm already noticing a slight difference in my face, I'm currently 260Ibs so I think that's why it's coming off me a little quicker. I've got a long way to go but I encourage you to look at the success stories on here, they really keep me going!
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I don't remember when I started seeing changes, but my advice is to take pictures! It's easier to see changes when you have something to compare. I see you've taken before pictures, but what about current ones?
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Your clothes HAVE to be fitting differently.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    People often don't see their own progress for quite awhile because they see themselves all the time in the mirror. It's the same in reverse. It's easy to gain 8-10 pounds and not see it right away.

Clothes aren't always a good indicator either. We often wear the same clothes through weight fluctuations. It took me 30 lbs to go down one size. Did my clothes get baggy before then? Sure, but not too baggy because I was big on getting new clothes as I went down each size.

Liking your body? That can take a long time. Longer than losing the weight for many people.
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    When that happens to me I truthfully actually was not clear how tight my clothes were in the beginning, or that I was avoiding wearing some of them.
  • shagerty777
    shagerty777 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Trust the process, before too long other people will start to notice and comment on your progress. This will be much sooner than you start to really see progress in yourself. I've been at this for a year now and while I can see the progress I'm nowhere near where I want to be as far as body looks. I am willing to spend the rest of my life living healthy and getting there though! You can do this, just give it more time.