Fitness trackers

Options
Mazan93
Mazan93 Posts: 17 Member
I'm wanting to get a tracker that will count my steps etc.
I have looked into various fitbits, Garmin, jawbone and other trackers. I prefer the fitbit charge, one and Alta but I keep reading mixed reviews about fitbit devices. I mainly like them as they look smart and aren't too bulky,plus they act as a watch. I also looked into decent pedometers for £15-20 on Amazon which has good reviews.

I'm leaning towards the pedometers as all the graphs and sleep monitor don't really bother. Can anyone recommend one?

Replies

• Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Vivofit & Heart Rate Monitor combination. I prefer the Garmin as it is waterproof and runs off a watch battery, so I never have to recharge the device. I wear the HRM when I am doing an intensive workout in the gym or when I am kayaking or paddleboarding.
    I had a Fitbit that began to fail after 9 months, the band started to fall apart and the unit wouldnt hold a charge past 3 days.
    However if you dont need the graphs and sleep monitoring then a cheap pedometer would be a good choice.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit. I was disappointed with the Surge when the band started to break at right around the 12 month mark. When I went to re-order they were coming out with the Blaze which didn't have the built in GPS, but it did have phone connected GPS (so it uses my phone to map the route), a color screen, and replaceable bands. I ended up replacing my Surge with the Blaze and couldn't be happier. That said I started with the Zip which was cute and I still use if I'm going on a walk were I will be pushing a stroller. I had a Flex as well (in between owning zip and Surge).

However, if your looking for a cheaper option maybe look into Misfit. I know they have a few cheaper models that can be worn on your wrist or clipped on. As an added bonus it will sync with MFP.
  • Mazan93
    Mazan93 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Any used or have the Garmin Vivosmart?

I think they look really good but the reviews don't sound promising!
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options

I have the Vivosmart HR and am really impressed with it.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Vivofit 2. I love it. It has a watch battery so I don't have to charge it every other day. In fact, I've had it about a year now and the battery hasn't run out yet. I love that it's waterproof so I can shower and swim with it.
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options

I have it and really like it. I doesn't count stairs...that feature is broken. It's not always consistent. A few times during an intense workout and I'll look down to see what my heart rate has elevated to and it will read below my resting heart rate. I haven't been able to figure this out. But overall, it gives me a pretty good estimate most of the time. If you're using it for steps, be sure to create a customized step for improved accuracy. The default step length was way off for me. It's got it's problems...not a perfect device, but for the price I feel I'm getting good value out of it.

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I use a misfit shine A friend just got a misfit flash. Good prices and can wear on wrist or slip into pocket or clip on shoe or bra.
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I keep looking into fitness trackers but get hung up on tge bad reviews so I walk away. Come back again next payday and the cycle continues lol.

I don't know what to get :(
  • spikycactus
    spikycactus Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit charge HR and I love it. Had it since it came out. They're good with replacing them while in the one year warranty and a friend has done it just to keep being under warranty lol. Downside is that I would love an option to have it vibrate or notify you when you have been inactive for a length of time. Other brands have that which is helpful.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options

I have had mine for a year. Love the look of it (I'm a professional female) and I like the way it works, but the screen is fading. This tremendously disappointing.
  • bleudolphin
    bleudolphin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had a fit bit charge hr. After about 3 months the band started falling apart. I now have the Polar A360 and I really like it. I also have the chest strap that I use when I go to the gym.