Am i doing enough?

Options
Little about me - Age 22, weight 182lbs, height 5ft 11".

Ive recently changed my workout from cardio to HIIT. Before I was going to the gym 5/6 times a week, 2/3 full cardio days (45-50mins) and 3 strength training days with 30mins cardio. So overall i was doing about 220mins cardio a week.

I found that after 2 months i was losing weight, but hardly noticeable so ive started a new program using HIIT.

HIIT is obviously a very tough workout and I just find that doing it i struggle doing any cardio (obviously not the same days as my HIIT but the day after).

So now im just doing x3 HIIT (16mins each session) and x3 weight training.

I'm also netting about 1,300 calories a day.

Is this enough do you think? or do i really need to try and get some cardio in there as well on my strength training days?

Replies

• DJackson129
    Options
    HIIT is a great form of cardio and just as effective (if not more) than low intensity over longer periods. I think the amount you're doing is fine but your calories netted is too low. You should find a BRM/TDEE calculator and adjust accordingly.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Is this enough do you think? or do i really need to try and get some cardio in there as well on my strength training days?

I think you are good doing 6 days working out.. HIIT is plenty if after that 16 minutes you feel done and exhausted no need for cardio on strength days as long as your not doing 15+ reps of your lifts. Try your calorie goal for a bit, and if nothing starts happening I would increase your NET a bit.
  • Trytotryharder
    Options
    Thanks for the replys!