Ask a Egyptian/Arab

Options

Replies

• kju52
    kju52 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ramdan karem =)

What part of Egypt are you from?

Ramdan karem , i come from Alexandria its on the Mediterranean Sea ...But i live in Amsterdam now lol

do you party at Mondial on Sundays ?
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Why are women being raped for going to the Brotherhood rallies in Tahir? Is it true they are paying gangs to rape women?

I was wondering the same about New York city.

Without wanting be disrespectful to your `wondering` it is hardly on a par to compare the rapes in Egypt to NY?

NY have not been, or ever been under the control of Islamists and their beliefs.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Where can I get some good Chinese food in Egypt?
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    A) Do you still have friends/family in Egypt? Are they OK?
    B) Is Zahi Hawass as much of a jerk as he appears to be on TV?
    C) What's your favorite non-mediterranean food?
    D) What's your favorite Egyptian food?
    E) Do you want to move back to Egypt some day? What would need to change there?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Why are women being raped for going to the Brotherhood rallies in Tahir? Is it true they are paying gangs to rape women?

Not sure which NYC protests you are referring too, but I was referring to the brutal gang rapes, beatings, and stabbings that are occurring to woman, per the media, for being in attendance in the protests. I read that the Brotherhood was staunchly patriarchal and believed women had no place in government, and was using these rapes to basically scare women indoors.

This could be a political bent from the media of course, but I've been absolutely curious to hear the thoughts of an Egyptian on this and maybe disseminate the truth.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Why were cats so important/valued to Egyptians?
    (Clearly they were really smart for thinking this but I'm curious)
  • Crossfit112
    Crossfit112 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    how do you feel about the current political troubles ? should the power stay within the military ?

If u mean egypt ..then u shouldnt believe what cnn and bbc says coz they are saying wrong things .. the revolution thats happening now in egypt has nothin to do with the army ! ... my people 33 MILLION PROTESTED TO KICK THE PRESIDENT OUT and he didnt want to leave so the army gave him 48 hrs to leave coz he is doing alot of stuff against the law in egypt so after he knew this he said in his speech that i will kill anyone who thinks that he could make me leave my chaiir so the armed forces or army locked him down in his palace and arranged a sooner elections like the people wanted
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    What do they think about the Bangles?

The gulf side( dubai,emirates etc ) and saudi arabia wear them as accessories

LOL, no no no... THE Bangles.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Why are so many Egyptian men so gorgeous?!
  • twinketta
    Options

Without wanting be disrespectful to your `wondering` it is hardly on a par to compare the rapes in Egypt to NY?

NY have not been, or ever been under the control of `extreme` Islamists and their beliefs.

ETA to add `extreme` so as not to offend passive Islamists
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    how do you feel about the current political troubles ? should the power stay within the military ?

If u mean egypt ..then u shouldnt believe what cnn and bbc says coz they are saying wrong things .. the revolution thats happening now in egypt has nothin to do with the army ! ... my people 33 MILLION PROTESTED TO KICK THE PRESIDENT OUT and he didnt want to leave so the army gave him 48 hrs to leave coz he is doing alot of stuff against the law in egypt so after he knew this he said in his speech that i will kill anyone who thinks that he could make me leave my chaiir so the armed forces or army locked him down in his palace and arranged a sooner elections like the people wanted

So if he is kicked out what party will fill that political void? Will it be another democratic election? Do you think it will be for the better or worse for Egypt?
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options

she means the band, i liked the lead singer for sure :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OMxC7te5Ks
  • Crossfit112
    Options

WHAT BROTHER HOOD IN TAHRIR ??????? Tahrir is full with ANTI- Muslims brother hood!! ( The 90 million egyptians are anti brother hood actually lol ) damn the US media is really given u what they want u to see only
  • kju52
    kju52 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

i just think it's so awful how the citizens are fighting each other too now because of the rebels and social democrats on one side and the muslim brotherhood, supporters of the former president on the other wanting him back. I was really just interested in knowing what you are personally a supporter of and how you feel about the new government
  • twinketta
    Options
    Ramdan karem =)

What part of Egypt are you from?

Ramdan karem , i come from Alexandria its on the Mediterranean Sea ...But i live in Amsterdam now lol

So you got out of there?

Hardly an Ambassador for Egypt or the turmoil and unrest?

Hope you have settled in Amsterdam and enjoying the Western culture
  • ldrosophila
    Options

WHAT BROTHER HOOD IN TAHRIR ??????? Tahrir is full with ANTI- Muslims brother hood!! ( The 90 million egyptians are anti brother hood actually lol ) damn the US media is really given u what they want u to see only

Well that is why I am asking...so is it just hoodlums raping and beating? Or are there no rapings and it's just a media farce? What is going on there?
  • Crossfit112
    Options

Hhaha ohh ok If i c a drum and a guitar sorry its jim and the doors ;)
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Don't ignore my cat question!!!!
  • Crossfit112
    Options
    Where can I get some good Chinese food in Egypt?

Mori sushi

Four seasons ( but u will pay ....pay ALOT )

of course there are alot of others places but u are asking for the best ;)
  • Crossfit112
    Options
    A) Do you still have friends/family in Egypt? Are they OK?
    B) Is Zahi Hawass as much of a jerk as he appears to be on TV?
    C) What's your favorite non-mediterranean food?
    D) What's your favorite Egyptian food?
    E) Do you want to move back to Egypt some day? What would need to change there?

Yeah man they are all safe and partyig actually haha ;)

dont know him

Waffles

Feter ( egyptian pan cakes ) never try them man if u are serious about living healthy etc haha

I visit my family there once a year ..President ( it happend ) so expect a better egypt ;)
This discussion has been closed.