CHEST Workout!!

Options
Chris0795
Chris0795 Posts: 7 Member
edited July 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey guys,

I need some help to gain up some muscles on my chest. Is here anyone who can give me some tips?
I did every second day 5 different exercises for my chest. I ate a lot and the movement is correct as well. But still. It's so fu**ing hard for me to gain up my chest. Idk why. Maybe it's just the genetic? Because I gained a lot of muscles on my whole body the last few months. Except the Chest.....

So If here is someone around who can give me some tips....pleeaaaseee....let a comment here...

Thank you guys

Cheers

Replies

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Can you list what exercises you do, as well as weight, sets, and reps? How many days a week do you do chest? I know you said every other day, but I don't know your routine.

Most people have a muscle group that's harder to train. For me it's back.

Go to You Tube and look up a channel called AthleneX. He has videos for non-responders. Meaning those who have trouble training a specific muscle group. He explains the science behind everything.
  • Ferg21Daddy
    Ferg21Daddy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have found success with the Jay Cutler Living Large 8-Week Mass Trainer. I am limited with equipment (dumbells and an incline/decline bench) yet after completing 8 weeks, I've noticed a difference. There is also a free app for it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Some of it can be genetics. Even top bodybuilders who use gear don't enhance certain parts of their body as well as others. Johnny Jackson has a great upper body, but his legs lag even though he trains with Branch Warren. But Warrens arms suck versus his lower body.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    As above it's probably a combination of genetics and exercises, Without knowing exactly what exercises/program you're doing, it's impossible to be definitive.

But, as far as exercises and chest go, Chest is one of the easiest muscle groups to cheat, Arms, shoulders, back can compensate/overcompensate. Most likely you're doing mostly bilateral and exercises and not doing unilateral/isolation and bodyweight exercises.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    If you're not already, try incorporating incline and decline presses. How are you progressing and when's the last time you upped the weight? I've had good luck with pyramid and reverse pyramid rep schemes for chest. Just watch the volume increase so you don't end up with an injury that slows your progress even more.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    cgvet37 wrote: »
    Can you list what exercises you do, as well as weight, sets, and reps? How many days a week do you do chest? I know you said every other day, but I don't know your routine.

Most people have a muscle group that's harder to train. For me it's back.

Go to You Tube and look up a channel called AthleneX. He has videos for non-responders. Meaning those who have trouble training a specific muscle group. He explains the science behind everything.

I absolutely love Jeff and AthlenX - second this recommendation for sure!
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Well, IMHO training chest every 2nd day x5 exercises +sets is a little over kill. How long have been training it for?

If you're pushing more weight by following training days/weeks then it is growing.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    How long have been training it for?

This is an old thread that a spammer bumped up. ;)
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Well, IMHO training chest every 2nd day x5 exercises +sets is a little over kill. How long have been training it for?

If you're pushing more weight by following training days/weeks then it is growing.

5 exercises may be overkill, but every other day certainly isn't.