Should I or Should I not take Hydroxycut?

Options
Do you think I should take Hydroxycut to boost my weight loss?

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Probably not, if you value your health :#

Oh - and weight loss can't be "boosted", you lose weight by having a sustained calorie deficit.

It will not be at any detriment to health. However fully agree with your second point. Caloric deficit is the only way to lose weight.
  • XnRGrandpa
    XnRGrandpa Posts: 62 Member
    Options
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    NOPE
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Do it... :naughty:
  • Hollyrena19
    Hollyrena19 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I tried it after my second child and it gave me horrible chest pains. Scary...don't take it!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Dove0804 wrote: »

Oh - and weight loss can't be "boosted", you lose weight by having a sustained calorie deficit.

It will not be at any detriment to health. However fully agree with your second point. Caloric deficit is the only way to lose weight.

Remember, just because something's called a "supplement" doesn't make it safe.

I don't recall stating that. The main ingredient is caffeine which is not unsafe.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Dove0804 wrote: »

Remember, just because something's called a "supplement" doesn't make it safe.

I don't recall stating that. The main ingredient is caffeine which is not unsafe.

Different people react to things differently. For some people, caffeine is unsafe and can interact with a variety of medications and diseases.

• CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Can't actually figure out what the main ingredient is, they seem to change them around and the brand seems to cover several different products anyway.

However, my position on all these "weight loss supplements" is that they are detrimental to weight loss, because they encourage you to hold onto the "quick fix diet" mindset - that weight gain is mysterious, hard to understand, and can be resolved by quick fixes after which you can go back to your previous lifestyle.

Weight gain and loss are complex in the detail, but simple in the big picture - to gain weight, eat more than you burn. To lose weight, eat less.

If you are gaining excess weight, it is not due to some weird mystical curse, it's because your food intake and your activity are out of balance. To lose weight and keep it off, you need to fix that balance and fix it permanently. Lasting lifestyle change. And the earlier you can lose the diet mindset, the easier this transition will be. Weight loss supplements of any kind will encourage the mindset and, imo, make the lifestyle change harder.

There is no magic bullet. There's just you and your body, and you need to commit to the long game.