Not Lost any weight for 2 weeks now, but I'm doing everything right aren't I...?

Options
2»

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    If the scale weighs in .2 increments, you would logically expect to see a .2 drop every few days. But that's not how it works for me. In fact I don't think I've ever seen a .2 drop. I can go 2-3 weeks fluctuating up & down, then Whoosh! 1-2 lbs in a day. Go figure.
  • stardust_1992
    stardust_1992 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi All. Just an update as to how I'm getting on. I'm on day 42 of my diet, and I started exercising about 2 weeks into the diet. As of today, I have lost a stone in weight and an inch of my waist.

Im still following the video that I linked to in the top post. I've been doing it every week day and it is a million times easier now than the first day. I can now get through all 3 segments without stopping for minutes in between. Now I just take a drink of water and carry on. I feel stronger and healthier in myself. And my anxiety has gone right down!

I havent done my walking as much as I was in the past couple of weeks. I need to get back into that. I'm only doing my walks 2 or 3 times a week rather than every day. But I've still noticed a massive increase in my endurance with that as well. I now feel like a speed walker, over taking everyone I see. My first walk was 2.2 miles and it took me 1 hour 11 minutes. I now walk 3 miles in 43 minutes. I use the google fit app to track that in case anyone is wondering.

I'm still watching what I eat and counting my calories with the myfitnesspal app. I cook every meal myself from scratch, Ive become quite the chef. I make a pizza that is only 600 calories. I'll add it onto the bottom of this in case anyone wants to try it. Even with my walking and weights, I still only consume 1300 - 1400 calories per day, So by the end of the day, I have a deficit of about 400 calories. I try to increase my protein intake to help my muscles. Mostly with tuna or beef. And I drink nothing but water. I've given up the fizzy pop and even concentrate squash entirely. The only sugar in my diet now is the tea spoon I put on my porridge for breakfast.

I'm feeling good right now. And I'm going to continue with it for a long time yet. Not even burger king or Chinese takeaways have tempted me off this diet.

My Pizza Recipie can be found here.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10430585/my-simple-600-calorie-pizza-recipe
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Oh, should have read to the end! (I agreed with tiflag).

Congrats, OP, glad it's working for you!
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Well done, stardust_1992. Just keep going. When I started this in March 2015 I weighed 95k and was UK 16/18 with a bmi in the obese range. Now I weigh 68 k, my bmi is bang in the middle of the green zone and I am currently wearing today's purchase of size 10 shorts; I never thought THAT would happen! Stick with it. You WILL win;
  • WayTooHonest
    WayTooHonest Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    1. Don't know if you already are, but weigh and measure everything. We often are eating more than we think.
    2. CBT DOES work. The thing is, just as dieting, you have to stick with it. It will not be fast, but it is scientifically proven to be highly effective.
    3. Be patient! Don't be so hard on yourself.
    4. Measure all the things. Get a tape measure and record every inch. Get a body fat caliper. Everything you can think of. The more measurements you take, the more likely you will see improvement SOMEWHERE and keep working. I hit a plateau on the scale for SIX MONTHS!! once. But I lost 2" off my thighs and 3 inches off my waist. If the scale was my only measurement, I would have given up long ago.
    5. See #3 :smile:
    6. Weigh and measure yourself once a week. Same day, same time, same outfit (or lack thereof). That way you are being consistent with your numbers. My weight can go up as much as 6-7 pounds in a day!
    7. Keep plugging away. You didn't put on the weight overnight, and yet, we expect it will disappear overnight. Stop that. You CAN do this!
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    It's possible you're gaining some muscle mass while losing fat weight if this is the first time you've exercised seriously. Muscle does weigh more than fat after all.
  • Rosefern1
    Rosefern1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    If the scale weighs in .2 increments, you would logically expect to see a .2 drop every few days. But that's not how it works for me. In fact I don't think I've ever seen a .2 drop. I can go 2-3 weeks fluctuating up & down, then Whoosh! 1-2 lbs in a day. Go figure.

I know! Isn't that weird? I had a 0.2 gain Tuesday, then a 1.5 loss today.
    I havent done my walking as much as I was in the past couple of weeks. I need to get back into that. I'm only doing my walks 2 or 3 times a week rather than every day. But I've still noticed a massive increase in my endurance with that as well. I now feel like a speed walker, over taking everyone I see. My first walk was 2.2 miles and it took me 1 hour 11 minutes. I now walk 3 miles in 43 minutes. I use the google fit app to track that in case anyone is wondering.

You really have become a speed walker! Stick with it and remember your non-scale victories!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yay OP! I am glad it's working for you!
    xvolution wrote: »
    It's possible you're gaining some muscle mass while losing fat weight if this is the first time you've exercised seriously. Muscle does weigh more than fat after all.
    Not in that little time, and muscle does not weigh more than fat. 1lb of muscle is the same weight as 1lb of fat.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    if you have a gain one day and then a loss the next. its water weight and not muscle. weight fluctuates hr to hr,day to day,depending on many circumstances.
  • stardust_1992
    stardust_1992 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    I've reached another milestone (Day 90, feels like I only started last week). As of today, I am 2 stone lighter than my starting weight. I now weigh 15 stone 10 lbs. The lightest I've been since I was 15 years old.

I'm still sticking to my strict calorie count and I've upped my exercise. I now walk 3.5 miles at least 4 days a week and I manage that in 55 - 60 minutes. I'm still doing the general strength video I started with, and I've added a core strength video and bicep video to my daily routine.

I've lost 3 inches from my waist, 4 inches from my stomach, and a lot of fat from my chest. I never measured my chest in the beginning so I cant say how much I've lost from there, but I have been taking pictures of myself from the same angles and the first photo and latest photo is soo different. Very motivating.

One down side I've noticed so far is the stretchmarks around my hips have become a shiny white. And seem to become more visible as I lose more weight. I've had stretchmarks for as long as I can remember, but they weren't really visible. hopefully they will fade over time. As a 23 year old man, this is quite embarrassing...but Id rather be a fit 14 stone guy with visible stretchmarks than a 18 stone unfit guy with less visible stretchmarks.

The good news is Im still 100% committed to my weight loss. I rarely get cravings, but when I do, I try to do something to get my mind off it. I've recently started writing screenplays. So when I start to feel tempted to go and have a nibble on some cheese or eat some cookies, I just open up my laptop, and work on my screenplay some more.
    I recently went and visited some family that I haven't seen in a couple of months. They say my transformation is amazing and I look great. They even commented on my boost in confidence, which in itself was a boost to my confidence!

Hopefully my next update will be to say I've lost 3 stone, I've joined a gym to bulk up, and I've started training for the London Marathon!

Thanks for reading!
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Yay OP! I am glad it's working for you!
    xvolution wrote: »
    Not in that little time, and muscle does not weigh more than fat. 1lb of muscle is the same weight as 1lb of fat.

Probably should have added "and takes up less space". Sorry about that.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! You got this!! This is your new healthy lifestyle!