Stomach pain

Options
So Friday and Saturday about 17 min into my elliptical out of about 30 i got a stomach cramp on my left side in the same spot like right below the rib cage.
I thought maybe it was because i ate before i went.
So Sunday is my day off and Monday and Tuesday i got out of work and ate 1 gala apple before i went. had tons of energy and didn't get a cramp at all.
Today i ate 3 hrs before the gym and i got the same cramp again around 16 min in

So i ate right before and 3 hrs before and still got the cramps so its not the eating right before thing.

Anyone have any idea why????
In case anyone asks i take a drink of water around every 4-5 min.
Speed is 8.0 -9.0 consistently
And it uses HR to change level but normally doesn't change because HR stays around 150-155.

Replies

• FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    no one else? lol
  • danivee33
    danivee33 Posts: 33
    Options
    Stretch before you start and then if it happens walk through it, slowly.
    8.0-9.0 is really fast.
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Do some reading on breathing and latic acid build up. Sounds like a side stitch. Could also be your posture. Are you favoring one side with your arms ( Pulling more than the other or pushing with a leg more? ) or leaning? Mirror is good for this. do you get it going slower?
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I usually get cramps like that if I'm not breathing properly
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Lack of potassium? You could eat a banana and see if that helps.
  • FearlessRobb
    Options
    so far ive been eating right before and hasnt happened in a week.. maybe i just wasnt eating enough lol
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    You said you drink a lot of water during your workout.. Sometimes when I am running, if I try to drink a lot before or during, I get stomach pains. Could it be from that? I had to stop drinking too much duing. Especially if it is a 30 min workout, I wait until after to drink any water :)
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I usually get cramps like that if I'm not breathing properly

I've always been told it was dehydration, but I was reading a cycling book and it said you weren't breathing deep enough. Sure enough when my side starts hurting during cycling I start deep breathing and it goes away.
  • FearlessRobb
    Options
    You said you drink a lot of water during your workout.. Sometimes when I am running, if I try to drink a lot before or during, I get stomach pains. Could it be from that? I had to stop drinking too much duing. Especially if it is a 30 min workout, I wait until after to drink any water :)

i take like a 1/2 of mouthfull of water every 5 min. i also sweat ALOT LMAo
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    SO to sum it up: Breathe, maybe drink water or not, while Streching and eating a banana. Yep should take care of the problem! LOL! glad we could help! Seriously, hope it does get better. If not , see your dr.