Searching for a Chicken Recipe

Options
summerjoy0621
summerjoy0621 Posts: 29 Member
I am looking for a easy/fast Chicken Recipe that my kids will eat. They are very picky and don't like trying anything new. The recipes I have are really high in calories I would like to be able to eat more then a spoonful LOL... Any help is appreciated. :wink:

Replies

• sweetscorpio17
    sweetscorpio17 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Make your own chicken fingers! I marinate the boneless skinless chicken first in lemon juice, lemon pepper and seasoning salt. Then I dip strips in bread crumbs and either bake or pan fry them in a little of olive oil.

Or you can get the Long Grain Rice-A-Roni and cook the chicken in that with a lot of vegetables!

Also, another favorite marinade is taking chicken letting it soak in soy sauce, worstishire, garlic and salt, then I bake it for 20 minutes, and pan fry it (with barely any oil) for 4 minutes on each side, covered.
  • TashaS
    TashaS Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My husband is a real chicken lover, but always likes it cooked the same way which is boring. I find lots of healthy recipes on Kraft Canada's website. Take a look.

http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/healthy-living/SmartSuppers.aspx
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    I've been boiling my chicken (because its the laziest way) and finding low calorie-low fat-low sugar marinades! It makes if fun and exciting for me! :-) I then I just mix around my veggies with a tortilla!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Here an apple bacon chicken recipe that's low carb and tasty:

Ingredients:
    1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, either whole or cut into pieces (see below)
    1 small apple, cut into ¼ inch slices
    ¼ cup apple juice (see below for alternatives)
    ¼ cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
    1/3 cup heavy cream
    2 Tablespoons oil plus one more of oil, butter, or bacon grease
    1 teaspoon dried thyme -- or use tarragon or a mix of "French-type" herbs, or fresh if you have it -- 2-3 teaspoons
    2 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
    salt and pepper

One-quarter cup apple juice has 7 grams of sugar, spread over 3 servings. This is less apple juice than any container you can buy, so I sometimes just add water or chicken broth and zero-carb sweetener to the sauce, or even apple-flavored herb tea.
    The chicken breasts can be either left whole, cut in half, or cut into bite-sized pieces. I like the bite-sized pieces for taste, but use the larger pieces when looks are more important. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.

1) Heat 1 to 2 Tablespoons fat in pan. I don't like to use more than half bacon grease, as it burns. Lightly brown apple slices in pan. You don't want them to be too soft, just to the point where you can start to easily put a fork in them. Remove apples.

2) Add another Tablespoon of oil, and brown chicken on both sides. The chicken probably won't be cooked through at this point, which is OK. Push chicken to one side or to the edges. Add the wine, which should deglaze the pan. Add the rest of the liquids and herbs and simmer until reduced and chicken is cooked through.

3) Serve with bacon bits sprinkled over the top.

Makes three servings (or four less-hearty servings).

Nutritional Information with apple juice: Each of 3 servings has 7.5 grams effective carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber, 37 grams protein, and 403 calories (actually a little less, because most of the wine's alcohol will cook out).

Nutritional Information without apple juice: Each serving has 5 grams effective carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber, 37 grams protein, and 393 calories (actually a little less, because most of the wine's alcohol will cook out).
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Popcorn chicken!
    Cut the chicken into small pieces, cover in an egg white wash, then dip them into a combination of curshed corn flakes, chili powder, and chicken seasoning.

Stick 'em on a pan, and bake until no longer pink in the middle!

They are soooo good, and not that many calories with the cornflakes.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Popcorn chicken!
    Cut the chicken into small pieces, cover in an egg white wash, then dip them into a combination of curshed corn flakes, chili powder, and chicken seasoning.

Stick 'em on a pan, and bake until no longer pink in the middle!

They are soooo good, and not that many calories with the cornflakes.

Sounds YUMMY! Will have to try...thanks :smile:
  • sorilue
    sorilue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Here is one that my grandkids love. I cook boneless skinless chicken breast in the crockpot on low for 8 hours. When I get home from work I just take the chicken out and shred it, add a little BBQ sauce and put back in the crockpot to warm. The kids like it on those small hawaiian rolls. For a healthier version you could serve on salad or in a wrap. So good it melts in the mouth.