Kidney Transplant

Options
2»

Replies

• Annamarie3404
    Annamarie3404 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Question for you: You are you, you have your strongly held views on issues. Does the possibility that your donor had strongly held opposite views on issues give you moments of thought?

It has actually. I often think of my donor and what they were like. I do know this person was very young and female, but that's all. I have temporarily named my kidney Lefty until I can come up with something more permanent. No name has come to me yet, but the name will honor my donor.
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have been on the organ donor list since the age of 12. They can take anything, skin, connective tissue and anything else they want...it would be my greatest honor to have helped.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I've got both donors AND recipients in my family! Glad you're doing well! <3
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Been registered as a donor since I was old enough as my roomie when I was hospitalized at age 5 passed away while waiting for a donor. She needed bone marrow (leukemia). So I was also was on the list to donate bone marrow, something I think more people need to do. Especially those like me, and my childhood friend, who are minorities (I'm Native American and she was African American).

Can't donate marrow anymore due to health issues unfortunately but am happy to know that if anything should happen to me, other people will be getting my organs.