4lbs until target weight

Options
I've lost 54lbs sin mid May last year.Ive 4lbs to go to my target weight.I am pleased with my results still think there is a lot of room for improvement but everyone around me is saying I've lost a little to much.How do others on the road to better health deal with these negative comments

Replies

• smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I think that is awesome!! Congrats on your success!! Keep it up until you hit your goal!! You do what is right for you-do not listen to negative comments-ignore them!! Put your blinders on & just smile, move forward on your journey!! :)
  • juryizstillout
    juryizstillout Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    you're my new hero...congrats!
  • bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Great job on ur loss keep going!!
  • mdnorthside
    mdnorthside Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    What I usually say to strangers is that I'm doing it for health reasons (not exactly true, I want to look good!). People understand that health issues can be personal and they usually don't ask for more explanation than that. If it's someone close to you, I would be more sincere and say something like, "I'm doing this for myself, so that I can look and feel how I want to look and feel. I understand this is a big change, but it's making me more like the person I want to be and that means a lot to me. I'd appreciate it if you supported me."
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I lie and tell them that I'm done losing.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Unless it's my doctor, I say thanks for your input. I'm an adult. I do what i want, as long as it doesn't affect other people.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!