What is your heart rate (at rest) now that you are healthy??

Options
marinashakeel
marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
Hi guys.. so my heart rate lies somewhere between 60-65 beats/min
Athletic people tend to have a lesser heart rate. Share yours!!! Its fun..
Also, does anybody have any idea how much athletic u need to be before it goes down.. i know many of you might not consider it imp but i recently got to know about this and got excited :D

Replies

• therousehouse38
    therousehouse38 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi bud my heart rate at rest is 47.... I do know it veries .... Best to chat with your doctor ..
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    It's high 40s to low 50s. It varies from day to day.
  • marinashakeel
    Options
    I am a doctor! Well almost almost. Just few more months to go.. that is why this topic sparked my interest. I am on to researching about the mechanism behind it.
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    When I check it first thing in the morning before I get up it's around 50-55 bpm. Just sitting on the couch in the afternoon it's usually around 60-65.
  • xBabyLlamaDrama
    xBabyLlamaDrama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    49-50 is what Fitbit tells me.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Fitbit had mine fluctuating between the late 40s early fifties for the whole month of May.. I was OVER the moon feeling like a TRUE athlete (lol) ....But then in June it climbed to the later 50's and sometimes early 60's so I don't know what that's all about... My fitness level was pretty much constant.
  • marinashakeel
    Options
    Normally it lies somewhere between 72-100 beats/min. So a person having aroud 70 is said to have a lower limit of normal heart rate. Way to go guys. True athletes!!!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Minimum is 48.
    (I test first thing in the morning as opposed to resting HR at random times of day for consistency....)

Used to regard sub 60 as fit for me but I do a lot of cycling now. Before I lost weight and got fit it was around 65.
    I'm 56 YO.
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Occasionally dips to around 48, but usually between 52 and 56.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Low 50's..it does vary with me. I am nearing 48 years old.. So hopefully this is a good thing! LOL
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Before I started working out and doing more cardio, my rate was 99. It is down to averaging around 70 -80.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Mine rests in the 40's during sleep, 50's at rest during the day. Fully normal cardiology work-up. But I'm far from healthy yet-- 292 lbs (down from 330), multiple autoimmune diseases and several immune modulating medications and infusions, minimal exercise due to Myasthenia Gravis causing respiratory failure recently. But I was more athletic before the autoimmunity surfaced, about 6 years ago.
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Low 40s!
  • marinashakeel
    Options
    Wow! Great to know your heart rates. Its rather an interesting topic to see how much it varies. Also try mentioning your ages. I am 22 years old btw. Idk why I havent seen it in any of the forum :o
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    knelson095 wrote: »
    When I check it first thing in the morning before I get up it's around 50-55 bpm. Just sitting on the couch in the afternoon it's usually around 60-65.
    Wow! Great to know your heart rates. Its rather an interesting topic to see how much it varies. Also try mentioning your ages. I am 22 years old btw. Idk why I havent seen it in any of the forum :o

I'm 25. And I'm no athlete, lol. The only exercise I get is walking. I shoot for the recommended 10000 steps/day though.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Low 60's, it used to be anywhere in the 70's before I started walking 3x week. I am 61 years old.
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I'm at 45, which usually freaks out the nurse when I'm in for a physical or checkup lol
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Varies between 52 to 56. I know it is in the athletic range, but no way I feel like an athlete. That is because if I stop working out for about 5 days or so it quickly rises to 60-62.
  • antmor69
    antmor69 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    47-54 according to Fitbit. I'm 47 years old.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Low 40s!

Same

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!