6'1 women out there? Let's trade stories and tips?

Options
2»

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Yay for other tall ladies! 6'1" as well. I'm about 30 pounds from my starting weight, and I've just now gone from a comfortable 20 to a comfortable 18. And it's taken 4-5 months. I think that's part of what makes it so hard... it takes SO LONG to see ANY progress at all that it makes you feel like you're getting NOWHERE.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I'm throwing my voice in for the "it takes FOREVER to drop a size" club.

I'm down 60lbs, still wearing a lot of the same clothes. Granted, they're mostly made of stretchy materials and they were probably much too tight when I started. But it's still disheartening sometimes.
  • KarenMoeller2
    KarenMoeller2 Posts: 25 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    On July 1st I posted the following: I am also 6'1". 53 yr old female. Currently weigh 317. Would like to weigh 190.

Today, 5 weeks later, I weigh 304. I have lost 13lbs. But I see no difference in the mirror or in the way my clothes fit. It will probably take another 20 to 30lbs to notice a difference. The can be discouraging, but I keep on keep'n on. I know eventually a noticeable change will occur. It just sometimes takes longer for us tall gals.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1" also.
    SW 254
    CW 227
    GW cut to 165, then bulk to probably 170-175

I agree on the forever to lose a size. Still wearing the same clothes. I hope by the time Fall comes, I can wear smaller clothes from my closet. Also no one has noticed I've lost weight, which I'm mostly fine with. I also have huge swimmer's shoulders, so I'll never fit into fitted tops smaller than L.