Healthy sweet tooth ideas?

Options
lauraxx2015xx
lauraxx2015xx Posts: 29 Member
trying to get many ideas together for those days a might want a treat.

Replies

• teach200508
    teach200508 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bananas drizzled with chocolate or honey
    Chocolate covered almonds (150 for a small pack...look for healthy harvest brand at Walmart in produce section where they have trail mix,etc)
    frozen grapes
    smoothies made with un-sweetened almond milk (use the 30 calorie per cup)
    Cobani Flips (I love the Coco Loco-240 cals but it's like eating dessert)

These are all a little high in calories but they are so good and healthy!
  • teach200508
    teach200508 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh and I also love Justin's Peanut Butter Cups in Dark Chocolate. I find them at Earthfare & Whole Foods
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Homemade popped corn using coconut oil.
  • andydevera
    andydevera Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Strawberries and Bananas. ;)
  • Kikilarue59
    Kikilarue59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Flavored yogurt with fresh fruit and 1 oz granola
  • Kikilarue59
    Kikilarue59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Angel food cake with strawberries and low cal cool whip. Frozen banana drizzled with warmed chocolate or small amount of peanut butter
  • Nfain68
    Nfain68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wegmans low calorie fudge bars. 100 calories, chocolate / cold fix, plus box of 12 is inexpensive compared to skinny cow, etc.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Iced Coffee
    Ice
    Chocolate syrup
    Blend.

Mocha Smoothie
  • daisygirl2017
    daisygirl2017 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    strawberries dipped in chocolate or grilled pineapple
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi. When you say healthy do you mean nutritious or low calorie. Not trying to nit pick but I know different people mean different things in this respect.

If it's chocolate you're after go for a good quality, minimum 70% cocoa (make sure sugar isn't the first ingredient) and let a small piece melt on the back of your tongue. If you're not used to dark chocolate it will take a little getting used to but if you eat it like this you get all of the flavour and you'll get the cocoa hit so won't need so much.

Good luck!
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Jello - I use the boxed gelatin packages - stepped fruity herbal tea for my flavoring and a touch of Stevia and maybe even a splash of coconut extract.

Dark cocoa is only around 10 calories - mixed with a bit of water and some Stevia - drizzle on top of fruit, oatmeal, etc.,

Roasted chickpeas - lightly spray chickpeas with oil - mix them with a touch of honey or maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg or even cayenne pepper, and salt.

Pavlova is good too - it's basically egg whites whipped up with sugar (I've subbed in Stevia here too) and serve with berries and a drizzle of the dark cocoa drizzle is good too.

Greek yogurt with a touch of honey and berries is yum too!

Check out Chocolate Covered Katie - she has lots of low, innovative recipes
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    jicama. You can do anything with it. It's sweet and crunchy.
  • Lovastatin
    Lovastatin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    jicama. You can do anything with it. It's sweet and crunchy.
    What is it & how do you prepare it?
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    One Hershey kiss, dissolved in your mouth: 22 calories, 3g sugar, almost always settles a craving.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Frozen banana--just peel and wrap your browning bananas in foil and stick in the freezer, makes a great frozen treat!
    protein fluff
    protein coffee smoothie (I blend protein powder, ice, coffee, cacao powder and a bit of sweetener)
    fiber one brownie
    emerald cocoa roast almonds 100 cal. pack
    Quest crunch bars
    vanilla light and fit greek yogurt with cacaoa powder
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Blend dates, cashew nuts, cacao powder in food processor and form into balls, leave in fridge overnight. Can add any other dried fruits or nuts or super foods you like.

Blend banana, add any dried fruits, nuts or seeds, add to mixture oats, honey or maple syrup, then press into a tray & leave in fridge or freezer to form, cut into bars.

Blend oats, dates and almond butter in food processor with a little water, add to base of jar and squash down, then blend a frozen banana and any fruit and add to the jar. Leave in fridge overnight. Add any toppings you like.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Berries berries berries. I have an extreme weakness for sweets but I've found that any of blue, straw or rasp berries satisfy that craving and for negligible calories. Add a dollop of whipped cream or preferably Greek yogurt if you like. Works for me.
  • Taylorgo90
    Taylorgo90 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    berries+frozen bananas= healthy ice cream
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    A smaller portion of what you really want. I find that I'm better off just having a single ice cream bar (portion controlled) rather than try to dig up something healthy. A 230 calorie ice cream treat (I have Heath Klondikes now) is the same or less calories than a lot of the 'healthy' foods listed here (things like nuts and fruit add up)
  • jordiblu
    jordiblu Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    avocado, cinnamon and stevia (a little distilled water) blend then freeze for 10 minutes. can use 100% unsweetend cacao powder as well but i prefer cinnamon its healthier