Chinese.....need a plan

Options
Chinese what's the no no's and what is reasonable, it's for a birthday meal. thanks

Replies

• dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Look up chicken with snow peas. It's awesome and not too bad on the calorie count.

Really no "no no's" since you can eat whatever you want that fits in your daily calories or weekly average. But if you're meaning high calorie? Then avoid anything fried.
  • Zewwy
    Zewwy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can ask for sauce on the side so you control how much there is. Also you can mentally divide your portion in half and only eat half. Yes you can eat whatever you want that fits into your calories but I find it hard to make room for some takeout meals so maybe those tips will help?
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have been known to ask for a to-go box at the beginning so I won't be tempted to eat more.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Steamed chicken or shrimp with veggies. Small amount of brown rice. Sauce on the side.

This!

• killdontmurder
    killdontmurder Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It's your birthday. I'd celebrate and focus more on portion control than what you eat for that day.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Pork strips, high protein, low cal,fat, 120 cal per 3.5 ounces
    Steamed dumplings, 50-80 calories each
    Egg roll, approx 180 calories
    Lobster sauce over white rice, sauce 50 cal per 1/2 cup, white rice, approx 150/cup
    Chicken with pea pods, beef with mushrooms or broccoli
    Any Steamed protein and veg

You can have an enjoyable meal without killing your diet and not have to stick to only the boring steamed food.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I went to a chinese buffet last night for our summer camp send off dinner and while I wasn't a saint, I think I might just have hovered around maintenance.

First I had a super light day, then I did my best to eat as much seafood and veg as possible. I absolutely nixed anything that was deep fried and sopping in sugary goo, and I chose steamed dumplings over fried.

I resisted the urge to overfill my plate, forcing myself to get up over and over again made me remember how much I was eating...plus I got a few extra steps in ;)

Happy birthday!
  • sjgold123
    sjgold123 Posts: 133 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Well I had all the stuff I like in moderation....egg fried rice, X2 chicken balls with sweet and sour and beef in black bean along with a glass of wine. It was delish. There was food left over which was the painful bit! I was super good all week to allow for it and went swimming and a short bike ride on the day to help. Hard to get it right on the Cals but we shall see on the scales in the week.thanks all
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    My DH and I just went for Chinese... for me it was the first time in 10 months. I had the beef with black bean sauce on plain rice. It was very good! DH had the all out fried everything. We both got what we wanted :smiley:
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Egg fu yung, scrape off most of the gravy. Minimal rice whatever you have.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Love Chinese food it's very healthy only problem is it's uses a lot of sodium and I usually have a 2 to 3 pound water weight gain when I have Chinese food.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sjgold123 wrote: »
    Well I had all the stuff I like in moderation....egg fried rice, X2 chicken balls with sweet and sour and beef in black bean along with a glass of wine. It was delish. There was food left over which was the painful bit! I was super good all week to allow for it and went swimming and a short bike ride on the day to help. Hard to get it right on the Cals but we shall see on the scales in the week.thanks all

Don't weigh yourself any time soon!
  • sjgold123
    Options
    Yeah what's that about flipping gained 2llbs... I'm getting new scales! Seriously my body doesn't like treats! From the weight i am now i used to put on weight 5-7 llbs over6mths but lately I can put 2llbs in in a week. Think perhaps I'm weighing myself too soon after. I weigh once per week -9 days.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Chinese food is half salt lol. Give it a few days for the water retention to wear off.
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Add bit more cardio that week and go enjoy yourself for a night! It's your bday after all!
  • sjgold123
    Options
    Hope so it was good Chinese but jeez x
  • realcalm
    realcalm Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Share an order of moo goo gai pan for the main course, with only the smallest amount of steamed rice. Hot and sour soup to start. Husband wants to go out at least weekly and this doesn't seem to do any damage at all.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    realcalm wrote: »
    Share an order of moo goo gai pan for the main course, with only the smallest amount of steamed rice. Hot and sour soup to start. Husband wants to go out at least weekly and this doesn't seem to do any damage at all.

She already went. She's back now.