Do you really lose weight as predicted by MFP diary at the end of each day?

Options
2»

Replies

• Dofflin
    Dofflin Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It has never been accurate and I've logged since 2011.
  • Dofflin
    Dofflin Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    * I'll mention that my lifestyle is various - because some weeks I am on feet alot for casual work and some weeks I am sitting at a computer a lot for intense weeks of study (exams). But myfitnesspal thinks my BMR is the same.
  • TheRootofGroot
    TheRootofGroot Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    No, it always underestimated how much I would lose in said given amount of time.
  • reriku
    reriku Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've started using MFP 2 months ago and according to the estimated weigh loss, I should be 5-6 kilograms lighter. But I'm not!! I'm actually gaining weight if that's even pissible. I'm incredibly frustrated and really don't know what to do anymore.. I'm on 1400 calories a day and still no results.. :(
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    reriku wrote: »
    I've started using MFP 2 months ago and according to the estimated weigh loss, I should be 5-6 kilograms lighter. But I'm not!! I'm actually gaining weight if that's even pissible. I'm incredibly frustrated and really don't know what to do anymore.. I'm on 1400 calories a day and still no results.. :(

How are you measuring your calories? It sounds like you're probably eating more than you think.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I don't look for it to be accurate - I treat it as feedback on my day.
    If I see the number is much smaller than I would expect it tells me that I'm probably not eating enough, and I now that's not sustainable. If the number is larger than now it tells me that I need to change my habits or I'm going to get bigger not smaller.
    Don't overthink it!