Need help with losing body fat

Options
BamaRunningGirl
BamaRunningGirl Posts: 70 Member
edited July 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I am down to 133. Don't really need to lose anymore. Several people telling me I look too skinny. I still have fat on my stomach and legs . I am also doing strength training. Not sure what do do from here. Please help!!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Time to strength/resistance train. Do you have any experience here? Do you have a gym membership?
  • BamaRunningGirl
    Options
    I have been doing strength training. Forgot about adding that. I have a gym membership. I go five days a week. And go to a trail and hike on Saturday. I take Sunday off.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I have been doing strength training. Forgot about adding that. I have a gym membership. I go five days a week. And go to a trail and hike on Saturday. I take Sunday off.

What is your routine? If you're training well with a progressive overload, eating around maintenance with a decent amount of protein, you should be able to recomp and lean out a bit.
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Heavier weight. Pick up the weight. Pick up the calories. Pick up the protein. If you are skinny fat you need to lift
  • BamaRunningGirl
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

What is your routine? If you're training well with a progressive overload, eating around maintenance with a decent amount of protein, you should be able to recomp and lean out a bit.

I just have a weightlifting app on my phone I go by. Getting heavier when I can. My maintenance is 2075, but I am eating at 1750. Went up from about 1500 a couple weeks ago. So do I need to up my calories again? I get anywhere from 130 to 150 grams of protein daily.
  • arditarose
    Options

I just have a weightlifting app on my phone I go by. Getting heavier when I can. My maintenance is 2075, but I am eating at 1750. Went up from about 1500 a couple weeks ago. So do I need to up my calories again? I get anywhere from 130 to 150 grams of protein daily.

How tall are you?

But really, what is your program? Can you lay it out and describe how you add weight and volume every session/week?
  • arditarose
    Options
    It also just takes a bit of patience. I tried to recomp last summer. I ate at maintenance and lifted heavy for 3 months. I ran a program called PHUL which is a mix of heavy strength training and body building work. In 3 months the changes were minimal. I could see them in the mirror but they were hard to pinpoint. I just looked better, but weight was about the same, measurements about the same..