Getting older...keep on truckin'

So my Fitbit broke and I have struggled because that was a great gauge of progress. Thankfully it was under warranty and it is getting replaced! Hooray

Replies

• wesheets
    wesheets Posts: 90 Member
    Posted an entire thing and I'm so irritated it's not here. Guh.
    Mom and over 40. Work tons! Lol. I try to workout up to four times a week. I do resistance and cardio, mostly jogging. I do elliptical some but my toes go to sleep! Lol
    Take Metformin for PCOS. When I took myself off I gained 10. When I started back I lost up to 8!! I want to keep this truck a'movin!! Toot toot.
    Who's with me??
  • Tabbycat00
    Tabbycat00 Posts: 146 Member
    I'll be 40 in a month and just had my first child. I'm constantly fighting the battle between home, workout, & work. I'm here if you need support.
  • wesheets
    Tabby absolutely yes!! I had my last kid at 41 and er......yeah, it's hard! Much harder than at 22. Energy level is low(er). It's good to have support.
  • Piperx222
    Piperx222 Posts: 68 Member
    Not yet 40 but is closing in lol! My youngest just turned 1 and I have a 3 year old also. Finding the balance with kids, home, job and yourself can be daunting. I work out as I can, I have Lupus so it can be a challenge sometime.Trying to lose the weight so I can keep up with the little balls if energy!

Feel free to add me, I'm on daily :smile:
  • wesheets
    Hooray! Commiserating at its finest. Awesome job mama. The effort is half the battle. ❤️
  • wesheets
    Well got through the holiday. Now dealing with the leftovers. Sigh. I'm also waiting for an appointment with an endocrinologist as my PCP could not ID what was going on. I need the help. I need some help getting all these physical variables in place so that I can honor my body and move forward. I don't mind watching what I eat or working out. But when my body backlashes from a workout and I'm in extreme pain in key areas for 24 hours it's hard! I don't want to do damage to my body but I look at the body in the mirror and want to make changes. So I push and push and push. 20-25 minutes resistance and 50 minutes cardio EACH time. I just want to see some results. That's all. What's your plan?