Apple Watch and Fitbit or suchlike?

Options
Due to security concerns smart watches are now banned in my office. I love my Apple Watch for motivating me and would be willing to buy another fitness band to wear during work. Has anyone done this? If so did you find an app with complications that would show fitness band activity on Apple Watch? I know there are meant to be some but can't tell what would work properly.

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Due to security concerns smart watches are now banned in my office. I love my Apple Watch for motivating me and would be willing to buy another fitness band to wear during work. Has anyone done this? If so did you find an app with complications that would show fitness band activity on Apple Watch? I know there are meant to be some but can't tell what would work properly.

why? And how is anything else going to be different?
  • Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Why are they banned - because they can record sound and sensitive info might be recorded and leaked. Why do I want another device to sync with watch? Because I am lazy but a little competitive and want to complete them circles. :wink:
  • rainbowbow
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Why are they banned - because they can record sound and sensitive info might be recorded and leaked. Why do I want another device to sync with watch? Because I am lazy but a little competitive and want to complete them circles. :wink:

i guess my point is that all fitness bands nowadays connect via bluetooth and can send and receive data. Any device you get that connects with your watch has that capability.

In my opinion (because that reason is just stupid) you should just get a smart watch that looks like a watch instead. One that they can't tell is a smart watch.

like the garmin fenix 3, withings, etc.

I can only assume that the people who made that policy are silly. If you wanted to steal information and actually knew how to do it; i doubt it'd be via a smartwatch. Are they banning phones too? i don't know, considering i've worked with highly classified personal information, information covered via HIPAA, and more I know first hand that this rule makes absolutely zero sense.
  • BajanChelle
    BajanChelle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love the Fitbit Blaze but I agree with rainbowbow. The rule is stupid.
  • adk1971
    adk1971 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Had an Apple watch and swapped to Fenix 3HR. Garmin is way better from a fitness point of view. Don't miss the Apple watch at all.
  • rainbowbow
    edited July 2016
    Options
    adk1971 wrote: »
    Had an Apple watch and swapped to Fenix 3HR. Garmin is way better from a fitness point of view. Don't miss the Apple watch at all.

i just want to mention that they also look much more aesthetically pleasing.

p.s. i have the garmin forerunner 235 and my boyfriend has the fenix 3hr (sapphire). i couldn't be happier.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Look into the Garmin VivoActive HR. Pretty much a Fitness Band plus a Smart Watch all rolled into one. I don't think it has audio recording capabilities.
  • Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.