Dairy Free Recipes

Options
twinkles2121
twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
edited July 2016 in Recipes
I recently found out I have a dairy allergy and since I've cut out dairy, it's actually resolved a lot of long standing medical issues that I never would have thought we're food allergy related.

Most, if not all my recipes have cheese or some other diary item in them. I suppose I can just leave it out, but why bother even making it then? lol Lasanga without cheese is just beefaroni.

What are some of your favourite dairy free recipes??

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Trader joes vegan cheese actually tastes really good. If you can't find it then just use daiya. They're surprisingly good
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Instead of berries with whipped cream, I do a vanilla cashew cream sauce on top of berries that's pretty good. Soak a cup of cashews for 8 hours; then throw cashews in blender with 1 teaspoon vanilla, maple syrup to taste (i usually use 1/8 - 1/4 cup), and 2 T of water.
  • Rabbitsocksgardener
    Rabbitsocksgardener Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    http://minimalistbaker.com/garlicky-kale-salad-with-crispy-chickpeas/ The satisfaction of a creamy salad dressing with no dairy!
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Baked potatoes w Earth Balance "butter" spread... So good!

You could do meat/veggie lasagna and layer different veggies instead of the cheese.