Slight slacking last week (slight!!!) Back on track.

Options
Not so much slacking as to lose my gains, though. But not up to my usual standards. Must get my head back where it should be. Too much work last week, rush projects. I cannot let stuff like that become an excuse. If i have to lift late, or when i'm tired... say it with me: WAAAH. Tell me to suck it up and not work out like a *kitten*, please. Pardon my indelicate language. Lifting weights ain't for the faint of heart. Cheers!

Replies

• zoedee99
    zoedee99 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ps, I did not say KITTEN. Translate that into another two-syllable word starting with P. Bloody language police.
  • lolo_bunny
    lolo_bunny Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It happens. Last week was a rough one for me and I'm still learning to give myself tough love when those excuses start creeping into my head. This week has been better. We've got this ;)
  • zoedee99
    zoedee99 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I bought 15 lb weights, and "men's" ankle weights today, so i can do abductor/adductors and glute kick-backs with up to 20 lbs on each leg. My wimpy ankle weights maxed out at 6 lbs. Getting back on the proverbial "horse" today was a commitment to investing in more weight, since i'm doing 4 sets now, and could easily do more than 10 reps each. Completed my workout today, at almost 2 solid hours, and will start the heavier weights tomorrow. Thanks for responding! It helps me to know that we're in this together, and cheering each other on. Tough love! Eyes on the PRIZE! I've been shy about posting pictures, but am thinking about doing so next month, when the camera will actually show what i can already see.
  • colleensmith79
    colleensmith79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We all have a bad day. I work in a very stressful office that is always full of junk food. While working on strict deadline projects it's hard to resist those treats. Please feel free to add me. I have to push myself daily.