Carbs issues

Options
Guys,
I need help!!! I can't stop myself eating bread and rice. What are some practices to avoid eating carbs and staying on track.

Replies

• choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    As long as you are staying under your calorie goal you are fine.

I eat bread and rice every day and am down 45 lbs.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Eat some bread and rice, stay at your calorie goal. Or, don't buy bread and don't cook rice..
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Make your own. :) Cauliflower rice and low-carb bread don't trigger the happy signals, but they are tasty and I don't feel like I can eat forever with them.
  • winddancinash
    winddancinash Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy quinoa as a sub for rice. But I agree with everyone else, still eat your carbs but just pay attention to portion sizing. I've lost 10lbs while still eating carbs.
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    A lot of my carbs come from fruit and it keeps me energized, full, and controls my sweet cravings. Maybe snack on some produce?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    What would be good advice really depends on why you want to want to avoid eating carbs, what you define as carbs, and what you mean by "can't stop eating".

Do you need to lose weight? Does bread and rice take up a disproportionate amount of your daily calories? Are you having trouble with bread and rice only, no other grains or starchy foods, not pasta, oatmeal, potatoes? What about other carby foods like fruit, candy, dairy? Do you feel you should stop eating bread and rice completely, or do you have tendencies towards overeating those foods? Have you discussed your diet with your doctor?
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I eat 50-60% of my daily calories in the form of carbs and I'm losing weight just fine. Do you have a medical reason as to why you are trying to limit carbs?

10382200.png