Is being under calorie goals a problem?

Options
So is it a real problem if I'm under my calorie goal? And I'm not talking give or take 50 calories, I'm talking like 300. It's not on purpose, but sometimes, like the past couple of days, when I'm really busy I might miss lunch. Therefore by the end I'm usually under calorie goal. Are a few days like this going to throw me off or mess up my weight loss?

Replies

• Taliko
    Taliko Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do this sometimes. Lost quite a lot so far with not much slow down, so I'm thinking it's ok. I often make up for missed calories on my PMS week though, ha ha....
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    If you are at the minimum, 1200 then you might want to eat a snack. It isn't great nutritionally to go that far under on a regular basis. But a lot of people "bank" calories by eating less some days during the week and having more on the weekends.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The government recommends 1200 for women and 1500 for men. Most of the people who think they are happy and comfortable with eating below 1200 are unaware of the ways their measuring cups, mindless habits, and sloppy logging lead them to eat more than they report to their diary.
  • whatever_46
    whatever_46 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The government recommends 1200 for women and 1500 for men. Most of the people who think they are happy and comfortable with eating below 1200 are unaware of the ways their measuring cups, mindless habits, and sloppy logging lead them to eat more than they report to their diary.

That's true! I report literally everything down to a sauce or if I put salt and pepper on something (it matters and it counts). If I forget to do it, or am being lazy, I mentally remind myself to count it in at the end of the day regardless of what I log. I'm unfortunately STILL way under my calorie goal for what I'm trying to do. I'm in my third trimester and have had trouble eating so I've been using this app and trying to make it to 300 over my calorie goal but I cant even if I snack all day. The only way I get close is if I purposely go after something more unhealthy and higher in calories than what I want me or the baby taking in.
  • DesireeD19
    DesireeD19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It depends on why you are under your calorie goal. For me not eating every 2-3 hours will slow down my metabolism and I will not loose weight. I can be under my calorie goal and still loose weight, but only if I'm logging 5 or six meals a day.