Lost 46.6lbs since April now stuck

Options
I've been counting calories, weighing food, exercise but now in a rut. Been same weight about 2.5-3 weeks. Any suggestions would be great!!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Assuming you are a woman, that's not long enough for "stuck" status IMO. I don't consider a woman to be plateauing and needing to drop calories until 4-6 full weeks with no scale movement.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I'm calorie cycling. It's suppose to help with plateaus. Google Zig Zag calories and you will find a calculator to help you with your specific calorie goal. Basically tricks the body because you change calorie intake daily up or down. I also do not eat my burned calories I exercise either. Hope this helps. Hang in there!!!
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    My weight loss has changed. I've lost an average of 1.5 lbs per week in the last 90 days, but my weight graph is nuts. I have stalls and gains, but by the time I go for my monthly weight check at the doctor, I've lost 5-10 pounds. This has been going on since March. I had a 4 week stall that led me to take a closer look at eating back exercise calories and logging, but even that suddenly broke before making any real changes. I'm staying cautious, but for now, I'm just going with the flow. It's annoying. Really, really annoying. But I am still getting to where I want to be, so I am going to eat and be happy!

If you don't have a change in another week or two, then reevaluate.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    bggirl27 wrote: »
    I've been counting calories, weighing food, exercise but now in a rut. Been same weight about 2.5-3 weeks. Any suggestions would be great!!

If you've lost more than 10 lbs you may need to reset your calorie goals based on your new weight. If not, be patient, be extra sure you are logging accurately.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's a lot of weight in 3 months or less! I think most people here would be happy with an average weight loss of 1-2 lbs per week. I know I would...

Accurate logging really helps. And remember, as so many here have said, weight loss is not linear. It goes in fits and spurts.