Looking for friends to flame my fire

Options
renvtf
renvtf Posts: 2 Member
My name's Taureenia (Tareena), I'm a 22 year old mom who has been over 200 pounds since I was at least 12 years old. I've always been considered obese even though I don't look like it because of my height (5'7).

My daughter has been the biggest motivation in my life. While I've always dreamed big, I noticed I have had commitment issues in my past (laughs).

I'm looking for a lifestyle change and it starts with the mind, body, and spirit. God is on my side and I'm trusting in him to continue to give me what I need in exchange for my commitment to him. My daughter has motivated me to change my eating habits and I have kept that up for almost 2 months now. But becoming active is the last point. Being the only person out of my close friends with a baby, my friends are not so close anymore. I've even had to let go one whom I appointed my daughter's God-Parent out of fear that they would be a bad influence.

That to me says I am not afraid to let people go. My daughter gave me the backbone I never had. With that being said, I've had time to reflect. And I've noticed, I motivate anyone who needs it, but it's never reciprocated. My friends don't flame my fire. If a friend tells me they want to do something, when discouraged I am always there to remind them why they were doing it in the first place. It's never been that way.

Long story short, I'm looking for genuine people with the same goals as me to keep me motivated and I them.