What is your favorite favorite brand of running shoes?

Options
?

Replies

• kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    New Balance
  • djuvinity
    djuvinity Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was wanting to get new shoes for my birthday this month but they ran out of my size. They will restock in the fall. Under Armour Gemini 2 recording shoes. I don't know if they are the best shoes but it is able to record they stats of your run. That's why I wanted it!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Personally I run largely in Inov-8 for both road and trail at the moment, I also have Saucony for both.

Inov-8 Race Ultra trail shoes for up to HM distance
    Saucony Xodus 4 for marathon and beyond

Inov-8 Road Claw
    Saucony Hurricane

I'll use either for up to 26 miles, although I don't road race. The Hurricane are at end of life so I'll be adding another pair of Road Claws to the cycle.

That said, personal preference isn't the issue, the right shoe for you is.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Asics
  • alaine5377
    alaine5377 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Nike, I think they have the best support.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    New balance
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I've tried Mizuno, Saucony, Puma, New Balance.... And for me. The Brooks are the best.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I will only wear brooks to run in.
  • lizzieloo934
    lizzieloo934 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    New Balance
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    I've tried Mizuno, Saucony, Puma, New Balance.... And for me. The Brooks are the best.

Noooooooooooo, my Brooks lasted 1 run before I took them back!
  • ragsibobs
    ragsibobs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wear Asics GT 2000. I overpronate and need a shoe for stability. For trail running I've got a pair of adidas kanadia, but I don't like them, so will be looking for a new pair soon.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to Brooks. But more important than brand is getting properly fitted...go to a running store and get analyzed and fitted for proper shoes...a good store will provide you with a few options brand wise of a properly fitted shoe and then you can decide. Brand isn't important relative to proper fit.
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    hekla90 wrote: »
    I will only wear brooks to run in.

Brooks for me too - specifically Glycerins
  • Chargunshow
    Chargunshow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I sell running shoes...and the best brand is the one that fits your foot and your needs. There is no best. It's whatever works for you. Keep in mind that all of the major companies have high end shoes and low end shoes. And there's a world of difference between those shoes...the materials that are used, the technology put into the shoes, etc. Plus, as others have mentioned being "fit"...each shoe company has a range of types of shoes from neutral to stability. Having someone *kitten* your gait can help you narrow what category of shoe you should be in. But at the end of the day, what feels best on your foot is going to be the best for you.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Adidas Boost upto Half marathon distance, Hoka One for marathon, Salomon for trail/ fell running. These are what I've found work best for me. Asics tend to give me blisters on the arch of my foot and I find Nike and Brooks a bit solid under foot compared to Adidas. Not tried New Balance or Saucony (yet!)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Inov-8
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I like New Balance and my husband likes Brooks.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about what other people wear, in terms of quality you can't go wrong with any of the major brands but each one fits slightly differently (heel width, shape of toe box etc etc etc) go to a store with a good variety of shoes (preferably a running shop that can help you with the proper shoe type based on your gait) and, if you have to, try on every pair of shoes until you find ones that fit you like a glove.

• CatherineLaurel
    CatherineLaurel Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Saucony! About time to buy more!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It really depends on your feet! If you're buying running shoes, I would recommend going to your local running store and having the folks there fit you for shoes that work best for your body.