Adding Flaxseed oil for weight loss?

I've read a lot about it being good for feeling full, and helping weight loss. But when I add it to my food diary, it's the highest in fat. I only use 2 tablespoons per day. Any success stories on contributing flax to your diet?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    You could eat ground flax seed. It has fiber and a little bit of protein along with the oil.
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    You can add it iifym but as for helping with magic weight loss. ...nah not gonna happen
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    It's high in poly and mono unsaturated fats..the "good" fats, and you want those in your diet. But a gram of fat is a gram of fat meaning they have 9kcal/g as opposed to the 4kcal/g of carbs/protein so you have to factor that in to your total caloric intake
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    I add flax to my morning smoothie but I add it because it has healthy fats. Not for weight loss lol which it hasn't helped with
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Flax meal has fiber. Why would you use the oil? Remember heating that oil too much will destroy the health benefits.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Flax meal has fiber. Why would you use the oil? Remember heating that oil too much will destroy the health benefits.

Yes, I would change to flax seed meal, it has fat, fibre and protein. The oil just has... fat.