Daily not weekly

Options
Im looking at daily progress rather than weekly now , that way if I have a bad day I don't see it as a complete rite off for the week

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Ok
  • Dofflin
    Dofflin Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    such contradiction
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Why a contradiction ?
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Any measure of daily progress is not going to be very accurate. Even weekly isn't that much better. Sorry, it just doesn't work that way.
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    So how does it wrk ? Xxx
  • IAmThunderHawk
    IAmThunderHawk Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    When you say weekly progress, what exactly are you comparing? If it's body shape, muscle gain, tape measure or how clothes fit. You're not going to get a comparison. It takes weeks for you to see any change.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

As a side note, one bad day doesn't mean you should write off a week.
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You can micromanage the weight loss. It's still not going to be lost any faster.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Any measure of daily progress is not going to be very accurate. Even weekly isn't that much better. Sorry, it just doesn't work that way.

Weighing daily and looking at the overall trend is far more accurate than sporadic weigh ins. If I only checked my weight once a month and accidentally hit a day with high water weight I would be devastated and quit.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I log daily and watch the weekly amounts prior to the weekend...if I have space means maybe an extra treat.

There is nothing wrong with keep days as just days and not letting one bad one derail you....

as for weighing daily that's a personal thing...I refuse to weigh daily as I never see a small change even...my body likes to woooosh weight...so I can get on the scale day after day and weigh the same (and I mean the exact same) but if I weigh once every couple weeks bam...1-2lbs down.