fitbit alta question (allergic to metals, need help)

Options
so i am allergic to every metal known to man except for Titanium, which is naturally hypoallergenic. (skin breaks out in a rash and feels like acid is burning me where the netal touches, gets infected and pusses and bleeds if i don't take it off, it's bad)

anyhow, i was looking into the fitbit alta but i think i saw something that the bottom part of the tracker itself is stainless steel or some kind of metal?

i keep trying to google it but dang it's not really bringing up any info. *it just keeps showing me metal bands i can buy for the alta, not helpful.

anyone with an alta can you please let me know if the tracker is made of metal on the bottom?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• staci_8
    staci_8 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It feels like metal, but I have no idea what kind. I think you may be able to buy silicone bands that will cover the bottom so that only the silicone touches your skin, try looking on Amazon. Hope this helps!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The clasp is stainless steal.
    Materials
    The classic Alta wristband is made of a flexible, durable elastomer material similar to that used in many sports watches, and includes a surgical-grade stainless steel clasp.
    https://www.fitbit.com/shop/alta
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    thank you both!