2»

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    cph4883 wrote: »
    kendahlj wrote: »

Chin splints are the worst...

Wow you're so cool. Thanks for reminding me why I stay off online boards like this. I really hope calling out my spelling error made you feel as special as you intended.

Thanks everyone else for the advice .... My SHIN splints feel fine after a few days of rest, ice and stretching. I do have fitted shoes.

are you so sensitive you can't take light joking around?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Watch your form as you try to pick it back up. And ice can help it feel better - doesn't mean it is better.

If you heel land and foot slaps forward or you are tensing it to stop that- you are using that front muscle to hold front of foot up during the stride, and then forcing it to stretch suddenly while under tension - eccentric loading.

That is how you get great damage in say lifting, so the body can repair stronger.
    But those are short sets and reps compared to running.
    Think about how much weight you got on that little muscle intended for merely pulling the front of the foot up, maybe a tad more.

So give it a good chance to heal - chances are it'll help make it stronger. Not enough to keep doing that - so change your form.
    Great shoes can't prevent bad form.