Husband feels hungry and dizzy constantly.

Options
13»

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    and I just need to state the obvious Where is his responsibility in all of this? Yes you do the cooking-and also the weighing and tracking of meals Shouldn't he at least be a ble to figure out a snack or two on his own?

I was thinking and about to ask the same thing.

• ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I haven't read anything and this isn't a dig at your husband because I don't know anything about him...but could he possibly be moaning so you'll give up?

Ha! That's what I thought at first, too. That he's just being overly dramatic. But I gave him more food last night and today (that sounds awful... no, he's not a dog) and he's much happier. Now I feel bad for starving him for 2 weeks.

Haha! Yes, once I read that you had calories left over I figured he probably needs a little more food ;) good luck to the both of you...and I have to feed my husband too...otherwise he'd eat nothing but cheese on toast for every meal.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Many people don't actually have an issue with sodium. Unless his doctor specifically told him to track sodium, I'd swap it out with Fiber and make sure he hits his fiber target every day - that will help with feeling full. Or you could swap Sugar for Fiber.

If his blood pressure is high, then he should track sodium. I have raised blood pressure which cause me to be dizzy and my Doctor told me to reduce salt & sugar.
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Also is he a gobbler? Does he inhale food in a matter of minutes? Reduced portion size and a fast eater psychologically they
    are always hunger. My husband eats fast like it's his last meal.always hungry after. Annoying. I also swapped salads for veg as it digested slower but always keep the things like brown rice or sweet potato in the meal. Personally I think seeds are waste of calories. They do little to slow digestion and take up calories for no volume. Also he's drastically undereating so like people said up his calories. Monitor. Change. Takes a while to find a workable level.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Just curious, you said he had low vit D a couple months ago, but should be back to normal. You said he takes no medicine except a multi-vitamin "every couple days, "if he remembers". How do know the vit D issue is okay?

The doctor prescribed extra strength Vitamin D pills for a few weeks and told him to switch to the one-a-day pills once he is done. Plus, he spends a little more time outside this summer, because we now have a garden. We didn't get him re-tested, but we completed what the doctor told us.

We eat the same things every day, because I am the one who cooks. I figured it would be fine if he gets a bigger share of whatever I make for myself. I added an extra meal to his day yesterday that involves fruit and some carbs/protein. Hope that will help! He is definitely on board with this! And he's 33.

Yes, it seemed odd that he isn't feeling full even right after eating. It must be years of overeating. Keeping the sodium levels down is hard! Even carrots have sodium. Everything that adds any taste or makes cooking a bit faster/easier has sodium. We usually end up having calories left, but no fat/sodium/carbs. Then I don't know what else to eat or offer him. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Both of you need to eat your calories. It is o.k. to go over on fat, protein, or carbs as long as you have eating your protein and fat for the day. Here is a list of calorie dense foods:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
    avocado
    cheese
    full fat dairy
    Greek yogurt
    ice cream
    peanut butter (or other nut butters)
    dark chocolate
    less lean cuts of meat (including beef, pork, sausage, etc.)
    seeds (chia, flax, sunflower, etc.)
    nuts
    olive oil
    coconut oil
    butter
    beans and lentils
    protein shakes, bars, and smoothies
    hummus
    beef jerky
    cornbread
    tuna
    full calorie condiments
    full calorie sauces & dressings
    sour cream
    guacamole
    whole grain pasta
    rice
    bacon
    whole eggs
    quinoa
    fruit and fruit juices
    pretzels
    bananas
    scones
    muffins (bran, blueberry, banana nut, etc.)
    potatoes (sweet, red, gold, purple, white, etc.)
    dried fruit (raisins, apricots, plums, dates, etc.)
    granola
    coconut
    salmon
    edamame
    olives
    honey
    molasses

• domgibson88
    domgibson88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    and I just need to state the obvious Where is his responsibility in all of this? Yes you do the cooking-and also the weighing and tracking of meals Shouldn't he at least be a ble to figure out a snack or two on his own?

He has other responsibilities. We have divided everything up based on what each person likes to do and is good at. Life goes more smoothly that way and no one gets a horrible to-do list from the other person. ;) I happen to enjoy cooking and keeping track of things. This system works well for us - we have a great relationship and are happy. I really just needed some advice on the food plan.

Cooking with wine is a great idea! I will give that a shot. For soups I usually rely on those Knorr chicken cubes to add flavor, but those things are full of sodium and I need to make my soups tasty without them now. Will attempt split pea soup this week...

Fresh dill and roasted garlic pepper seasonong are my go-to spices for soups!!!