I'm so confused and jaded!

Options
2»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    The odds aren't stacked against you...you're 100% in control of your choices. I choose to primarily eat a whole foods diet...lots of veg and some fruit, whole grains, lean sourced protein and good fats from things like avocados and nuts and good cooking oils. I also indulge in some not so nutritious things...but that's a pretty small part of my diet overall. I also choose to train regularly...

You're in control of the choices you make, nobody else...

When you ignore the diet and fitness industry marketing and crockumentaries, good nutrition is largely common sense...start exercising that.

I would like to marry this phrase

"The odds aren't stacked against you...you're 100% in control of your choices."

Those appalling mockumemtaries are responsible for a world of "victims" feeling out of control
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I watched Fed Up and wanted to throw a brick through the screen. All those parents searching for someone else to blame for their children's obesity... :mad:
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    JaneSnowe wrote: »
    I watched Fed Up and wanted to throw a brick through the screen. All those parents searching for someone else to blame for their children's obesity... :mad:

Perhaps they meant to title it *kitten* up? Hint: it starts with an "F", too
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    JaneSnowe wrote: »

Perhaps they meant to title it *kitten* up? Hint: it starts with an "F", too

:laugh: They were definitely going for something along those lines!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    MissSusieQ wrote: »
    ugh. rainy weekend after a really *kitten* week of work = bulk netflix.

I watched, Fed Up, Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, and Hungry for Change, and they've basically left me feeling so helpless.

Like, how can we win when big food companies are cutting our efforts to do better down? I want to put my own interests first, but they want the same and they're a hell of a lot bigger and noisier than me!

I'm not saying I won't keep doing my best, I have enough knowledge to look after myself, but it's just so depressing to see how the odds have been stacked against society in general by companies who have too much control!

I don't see how the odds are stacked against you or anyone; we all make the decision what to buy and eat for ourselves, don't we? In the words of my dear Gramama...."If everyone jumped off a building, would you?" (You and I know it was a bridge, but SHE didn't..lol!)

Your body is YOURS...eat wisely, shop wisely, with as much information as you can garner....
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Next time you feel like drowning your sorrows in Netflix, steer clear of the documentaries. Instead, just search for "Space Dandy".

You can thank me later.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    The odds aren't stacked against you...you're 100% in control of your choices. I choose to primarily eat a whole foods diet...lots of veg and some fruit, whole grains, lean sourced protein and good fats from things like avocados and nuts and good cooking oils. I also indulge in some not so nutritious things...but that's a pretty small part of my diet overall. I also choose to train regularly...

You're in control of the choices you make, nobody else...

When you ignore the diet and fitness industry marketing and crockumentaries, good nutrition is largely common sense...start exercising that.

I would like to marry this phrase

"The odds aren't stacked against you...you're 100% in control of your choices."

Those appalling mockumemtaries are responsible for a world of "victims" feeling out of control

I'm so glad you noticed that quote, now i did this....I have a collection of these gems, corny but I love 'em
    bw3jlxqitp3e.jpg