Grip

Options
jplay86
jplay86 Posts: 20 Member
I need to strengthen my grip. Besides the typical movements what else can be done to strengthen my grip. Once I'm up to 300+ I can handle weight but my grip is shot afterwards. Any suggestions?

Replies

• piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    My grip is fine so all I've heard from other guys trying to improve their grip strength is things such as farmer carries, dead hangs from a pull up bar and such or just a lot of reps at lower weight on deadlifts. Other's have sworn by using Fat Gripz or the cheaper version to build grip strength.
    I can't speak to anything but lots of sets with deadlifts. That alone builds grip strength for me.
  • dlm7507
    dlm7507 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I've got one of these and like it for working dynamic crush grip strength and like it but for hold strength like it sounds like you are looking for hanging from my pull-up bar helps. Grip strength falls off with age so I have to work it.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    reverse grip and chalk and more deadlifts. squeeze the bar as hard as you can at all times.
  • jplay86
    jplay86 Posts: 20 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thanks fellas I'll give these suggestions a try.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Reverse grip curls, any forearm exercises, hanging from a bar with bodyweight or added weight for as long as possible, squeezing the bar as hard as possible during every pull movement, and deadlifts more often. Don't touch wrist wraps though. I've seen too many people start using them the second they have more than a plate on and it's honestly kind of embarrassing.
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    If you're doing deadlifts, on your last rep, hold the bar at lockout as long as you can. It can help to strengthen your grip.
  • IAmThunderHawk
    IAmThunderHawk Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My grip strength has increased from deadlifting, but I'm assuming you lifting 300+ you're already doing that. Unless you're OHP 300+ you beast! :smile: