Hey everyone...

Options
Hi guys im new here.... so i can't seem to stay on track where eating healthy is concerned, i'll start off good until like the 3rd day i'll go back to my old eating habits and i have a serious addiction to sweet stuff *sighs* i really wanna be serious about this weight loss thing now and i will like some help and support plzzz.. Also has anyone ever tried the Iaso tea???

Replies

• cammylee914
    cammylee914 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No I haven't. I do drink a lot of green tea. If you're having trouble eating healthy and you fear "falling off" I suggest sticking to the golden rule of no soda and no fast food atleast
  • yannique93
    yannique93 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Which brand of green tea do you u use? And yess starting from in da mornin no sodas, no fast food, NO SWEETS! I think that will be the hardest to let go though but i'll do my best
  • mylife_myworld
    mylife_myworld Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I find that doing a weekly food shop really helps, so basically you only need to go into food shop once. If during that week you need to go in again (say for milk etc) make a plan which aisles to avoid :)
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    You might be restricting too much. It's good to learn to eat that stuff in moderation to avoid feeling deprived. That's often what leads to giving up.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    No I haven't. I do drink a lot of green tea. If you're having trouble eating healthy and you fear "falling off" I suggest sticking to the golden rule of no soda and no fast food atleast

This is only a "golden rule" for you, it's by far from any kind of universal "golden rule". In fact, I would venture to suggest that one of the OPs problems might be over-restriction, removing all her favourite foods from her diet. Well, of course she's going to crack after a few days. I would!

OP, you don't need some fancy "weight-loss" tea, or even tea at all (though there's nothing wrong with you drinking it if you like it). You can lose weight and eat all the things you really love. Pizza, sweets, whatever you like. Just make it fit into your calories for the day.
  • yannique93
    Options
    Thanks you guys <3
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Use the food diary to plan your meals. That helps you make sure you eat enough. You're a woman so be sure to get at least 1200 calories every day. If you're doing a lot of exercising you earn the right to eat more calories. It's easier to understand what your effort deserves when you accurately log everything you eat. You find out that too little food causes you to binge and then you don't lose weight.
  • Red5092
    Red5092 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate everyday. Try Hershey Miniatures. Two pieces is only 84 calories, or sugar free fudgecicles for 40 calories. Sugar free puddings taste great also. Fruit is also a healthy option.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to quit a caffeinated pop, I find Green Tea has enough caffeine in it for me to kick the headaches that usually come from leaving caffeinated pop. Its an up and down cycle for me, I quit and then eventually go back to caffeinated pop. So I needed to find something to battle the withdrawal headaches and green tea does it for me. It also seems to keep me from binge eating. That being said, if you hate the taste like my wife does, it might not work for you. As one person above said, there is only what works for you. Plus there's a difference between being a certain weight and being healthy.
  • AndrewD315
    AndrewD315 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Get a substitute, a healthy one, because sometimes cutting back still is going to make you want more. So get rid and don't look back. Replacement should be healthy eventually sweet treats will be to sweet and not taste as good .
  • yannique93
    Options
    Thanks for the tips... i always thought that eating less would make you lose the weight and quickly so i wud eat a small breakfast, a few crackers and a fruit or something (when im dieting) not realizing that thats why i was so quick to go back eating unhealthy.. i'll definetly try substitutions for the sweet addiction and i'll give it a try with the green tea.... and yall keep supporting me ok
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,014 Member
    Options
    You don't have to completely cut sweets from your diet. You just have to eat less of them and stay at your calorie goal. It sounds to me like you are being too restrictive. Either eat a small amount of the sweets you like or find other things that satisfy your sweet tooth. I still drink my coffee with real sugar and half and half. I used to eat a lot of candy and I don't eat it that often anymore, but I do eat a lot of Greek yogurt and my favorite are the ones with candy in them. I really eat the same things I have always eaten. I just eat smaller portions and don't have some things as often. I have lost 56 pounds and I am 4 pounds from my goal. Moderation really does work. I would quit worrying so much about eating "healthier" and just concentrate on staying at your calorie goal. You can do this. Don't give up.
  • yannique93
    Options
    Thanks +kgirlhart.. btw your weightloss transformation is amazing you look great!
  • danibabii11
    danibabii11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sweets are my addcition too!! Its so bad.... its so hard to aviod grabbing a piece of chocolate or cookies:( but its all in moderation.... one mini cupcake wont kill you... the whole 12 pack might;) lol a little caving will keep you on track. Just watch the portions. Good luck lady!!!
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I save a hundred calories to have a skinny cow frozen treat after dinner...knowing that it's coming stops me from breaking down all day...good luck and remember that it's a marathon, not a sprint