Just starting today

Hi - just started this morning. Have tried before and failed but with only a few weeks to my holidays I have decided the time has come to try to lose a bit of weight. I'm pretty active but with being a swimmer I have huge shoulders and muscular legs but the bit in the middle needs some work - my aerobics classes don't seem to shift it either so if there's any suggestions how to get a toned tummy then please share (I don't suppose having kids and being the wrong side of 40 helps though) - could do with some friends for inspiration and to keep me in check. Weekends are a big problem, I like a glass of wine or two one night a week and Saturday nights I am in a show and the team tend to bring loads of cakes which I can't resist, so need to curb my sweet tooth. Have done the Harcombe diet previously which I went down from a size 20 to a 16 but have plateaued - this morning's weigh-in shows my weight hasn't moved in months, but don't fancy being as restrictive with food as I was on Harcombe. I want about 2 stone off if possible which should take me down to being a comfortable size 14.

Replies