Setting activity level

Options
I read the sticky and have set my activity level to lightly active @ .5 loss per week. I am a SAHM do you think that setting is correct or should it be set to sedentary activity level? The sticky was a bit vague regarding this. It's a difference of about 250 calories so kind of important since my loss is set so low. Looking for opinions, thanks

Replies

• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    If you are sitting a lot, walking a little and just moving around for basic needs - I'd say that's lightly active. Sedentary to me is really not doing much of anything (sitting at home, sitting in the car driving, sitting at work, sleeping a lot - not much walking and very little activity)

If you are a SAHM, I imagine you are moving around with the kiddos quite a bit, would have to be AT LEAST lightly active (no?)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Try lightly active and evaluate your results after a month. Then adjust if required, it's really only a start point and your actual weight change over an extended period of time is what really gives you the best guide.
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Okay. Thank you both for your responses. I have a tendency to over think these things and really didn't want to have to limit myself to 1300 calories. I do move so it's not as if I were sitting around all day but I'm certainly not on my feet all day, ie waitress as used in the mfp example of "slightly active"
    Thank you, thank you :)