Need to lose 70 pounds and need help

Any suggestions for foods to eat and exercise plan.

Replies

• craftycakebaker393
    craftycakebaker393 Posts: 9 Member
    I would add you if I knew how to. I've lost 29lbs since joining, another 91 to go until I get to my goal.

• sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Enter your stats into the app (or website) and use the calories given to you as a starting point for eating. If you add in exercise, eat back around half of those calories in addition to those base calories. Weight loss is mostly about what you eat.

For exercise, find things you enjoy (and try new activities) and stick to them a couple times a week for overall health. :)

For specific foods, I eat pretty much what I want and log EVERYTHING. Use a food scale for all solids (from oatmeal to peanut butter) and measuring cups and spoons for liquids (ounce can be volume or weight, not the same thing at all) and make sure that you use accurate entries in the database.

Remember, weightloss is not linear, it will fluctuate. This is a marathon, not a sprint, so look at the long term trends rather than what happens over the course of a day.

Best of success to you!
  • aprince77
    aprince77 Posts: 9 Member
    Thank you :)
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    If you log all of your foods, do it accurately, and stay within your calorie goal set by MFP, you'll lose the weight! Make sure you eat plenty of protein, fiber, and fat to help keep you satiated. Track the fiber. Include Eggs, nuts, avocados, greek yogurt, chicken, lentils, beans, veggies, fish, seeds. Limit sweets. Drink tons of water. Get some exercise. Don't cheat. ;)
  • antoinette1412
    antoinette1412 Posts: 4 Member
    In eight months I've lost 50 pounds .i track everything on MFP .foods ,water,exercise.instill have 28 to go but having weighed in every two weeks I have been really lucky to have lost. something every time .im 47 and have two new hips 2014 and 2015 plus two back surgeries ,I still suffer bad back issues but if I walk first thing in the morning ( I walk 6.2 km) 6 days a week I can avoid a sore back .i stick to 1200-1400 per day but I have Saturday as a cheat day .im down from size 22 in jeans to a 16 .i avoid starchy carbs as in pasta rice potatoes and bread .it really helps with bloating .i fill up on lots of veggies with dinner or salad and gave a strawberry smoothie mid day .