Constant hunger!!!

Options
Hi, my goals are set to lose 1 per week. I am trying to stay away from junk food but I'm constantly starving.

Currently today I have had weetabix for breakfast, chicken, sweet potato, broccoli and courgette for lunch. Also snacked on grapes and a bit of pineapple and I'm still hungry and it's only 3.20pm!!

How can I feel fuller for longer??

Thanks

Replies

• SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking plenty of water? You can feel hungry when your body needs water
  • Red5092
    Red5092 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water, and go for a walk. Your day looks good nutritionally, maybe you need a distraction to stop thinking about food.
  • twistedwoman
    twistedwoman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes I try to drink 10 large cups a day
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    More protein could help maybe greek yoghurt in the morning, eggs or something with lunch?
  • twistedwoman
    Options
    Trouble is that I leave for work very early in the morning and can't eat breakfast that early. At work we only have a microwave, not even a toaster so it's quite restrictive really.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Weetbix is basically as filling as eating air for me. Try some other breakfast alternatives. I like porridge and a giant mug of coffee, keeps me going a while. Others prefer something more protein heavy. If you have the room adding some fats in could help too (butter on the veg for example).
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    We posted at the same time. What about overnight oats? Can do it in advance and just grab on your way out the door.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Trouble is that I leave for work very early in the morning and can't eat breakfast that early. At work we only have a microwave, not even a toaster so it's quite restrictive really.

No one suggested eating earlier. What time do you have your weetabix?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Your lunch is probably fine. Try more protein and fats.
    breakfast or snack ideas- Greek yogurt, granola bars, sandwich, dinner leftovers, nuts, hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, hummus, trail mix
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I have found that plenty of protein, fat, and fiber is key to feeling satiated. Try adding nuts to your breakfast. Whole milk. Strawberries, Avocados, guacamole, chicken, nuts, black beans, lentils, greek yogurt.
  • twistedwoman
    Options
    I have breakfast at work at about 8.30 and lunch around 1ish depending on time. Think I need to get more organised for breakfast.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Also, hardboiled eggs!
  • twilaorr
    twilaorr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I'm about 8 weeks into a weightless program, and initially I felt like I was constantly starving! I found something that works for me. For breakfast, I have a pouch of Oat Revolution Steel Cut oatmeal. It comes in microwave pouches, so it would be perfect for you to take to work. You pour the pouch into a bowl, fill the pouch with water and pour it into the bowl, then microwave 2.5 minutes. I toss on a handful of blueberries and it's ready to eat, very good, only around 190 calories and the best part: filling! It definitely stops the feeling of being hungry. Good luck!
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    What works for me is exercising more, which gives me more leeway with what I eat.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs for breakfast - you can cook 10, peel them and keep them in little containers - just grab a container and you are set. Also protein shakes if you don't have time...Or even weetbix and eat it with a proteinshake instead of milk.
    Prep a bunch of chicken legs and keep in the fridge - eggs & chicken will keep you full until lunch....
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    If you're used to eating a lot more, you'll just need to be a little uncomfortable for a bit until your body gets used to your new lower volume days. I don't have a quick fix but as others have said, higher protein and fiber helped me, and evenings with huge plates of roasted vegetables with grilled or baked chicken breasts help me get the volume I miss with low calories.

With that said, don't go super hungry. Eat appropriately because being miserable isn't going to help you stay motivated.
  • svel713
    svel713 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough protein? If you have a refrigerator at work, you can bring some milk in a bottle and mix it with protein powder around lunch. Some powders are as low as 110 cals, and with 5-6oz of milk would bring a shake to ~200 cals and ~30g protein.
  • raychl88
    raychl88 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal, for me, is the best bang for my calorie buck for breakfast. I eat it around 6:30 and as long as I drink enough water throughout the morning I feel satiated until lunch at noon. Your lunch sounds good and filling. Maybe something a little more substantial, like greek yogurt, would be a more satisfying afternoon snack. Also try having a cup or two of herbal tea...you'd be surprised how full that can make you feel.

If you're just starting out with calorie counting, this is a normal phase. It's probably that you're not so much "starving" as you're just unfamiliar with limiting your eating and snacking. It gets easier! :)
  • raychl88
    raychl88 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ...Also if you're finding it really difficult to stay within your calorie allowance, you can use that as motivation to earn more calories with exercise.
  • twistedwoman
    Options
    I'm doing ok on the exercise front, I have started bootcamp 2 times per week and also do swimming lessons once per week (42 and I can't swim!!). I also always hit 12,000 as I walk my dog every evening on a long walk over the woods as he is blind and can't walk on streets.

Thanks for all advice.