Are there other lesbians on MFP?

Options
inclinedbeauty
inclinedbeauty Posts: 38 Member
I'm not sure if I properly posted this. If needed to be in another folder, just move this topic. :]

I'm sure there are other lesbians/gays/yadayada but as I peruse the boards, I feel like the lonely gay.

Soo.. help a girl out by well.. coming out? :P Send a friend request or just say heyyy.

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    No. You are literally the only one. :wink:

I'm pansexual though. If it helps you feel less lonely.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    BTW be prepared for a few off hand THIS ISN'T WHAT THESE FORUMS ARE FOR remarks sooner or later, if this thread doesn't get locked :]
  • inclinedbeauty
    Options
    I knooow. I'm waiting for it. Haha.

I have a girlfriend. This topic isn't for dating or flirting.

But others can ask for friends by common interest.
    Well, I'm looking for girls to friend who have the common interest of females. ;]
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Yes, there is a group, OP. That doesn't mean you were wrong to post this, though. Perhaps it would have been better suited in the Introduce Yourself forum, but hindsight and all that. If the mods want to move it they can move it *shrug*
  • inclinedbeauty
    Options

Thannnk yooouu. Pretty much my first day on the forums so still learning. :]
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options

this. we're all there.
  • inclinedbeauty
    Options
    A Next step, how the heck do you become a member? I have searched everywhere. Is it just not showing on my phone?
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    You may have to try on the comp, dear.
  • inclinedbeauty
    Options
    You may have to try on the comp, dear.

That's what I'm assuming too. Everything else has worked up until this point. Ill just have to check it out during my next library visit.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    People on the forums can be nasty. Your best bet is a group or better yet, a solid core of friends. I'd be glad to be a friend. Welcome!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    get a grip.

I'm going to need clarification, as I may not want to grip what you are asking me to grip. Thx!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I don't think your post is in the wrong spot Ive seen many different things listed here.....wish you great success with MFP and finding friends on here its a great tool!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    People on the forums can be nasty. Your best bet is a group or better yet, a solid core of friends. I'd be glad to be a friend. Welcome!

Most of them are nice.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    get a grip.

What do you mean by this?

My exact thoughts.

grip on what?
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    get a grip.

What do you mean by this?

My exact thoughts.

Some people are just rude!!
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I have to second the LGBT+ group! Lovely group of people. I *believe* I can invite you to it, so I will try!

Nevermind, I see you already joined it.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    get a grip.

What for? I've seen enough "man candy" and "girl eye candy" etc types of threads to know that this isn't too far off limit.

OP, I think somebody already posted a LGBT group. Theres a few gays and lesbians that I know on MFP. But may I recommend not adding folks just for that. I have learned that adding folks for something like this (like religion etc) usually don't go well. Just browse the forums and add folks who you think you will click with :)

Oh and I believe there is a section called "Introduce yourself" but MFP isn't anal about threads being in the right section so you're good. Just something for future :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

As one of the nasty people, I can assure you that most of the folks here aren't like me. Most are kind, generous, like to share information, are supportive and in general, are awesome. Please don't let the loud mouths like me cloud your judgement.

Also, some of the nastiness is brought on by frustration by the trolls or rude folks and that starts a back and forth nerd raging. Again, something easily ignoreable. The people of MFP really are nice. I promise you :)