Let me get this straight...

Options

Replies

• Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Looking at your picture you shouldn't be trying to lose 2lbs a week.

just saying.

As I have to step out, there are other long time posters in the thread who can explain why you shouldn't be trying to lose 2lbs a month while you're at a normal weight and fat level.

And certainly your picture does not convey the impression of someone who is overfat.....

Pictures only show us the past.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,888 Member
    Options
    Colt1835 wrote: »

just saying.

As I have to step out, there are other long time posters in the thread who can explain why you shouldn't be trying to lose 2lbs a month while you're at a normal weight and fat level.

And certainly your picture does not convey the impression of someone who is overfat.....

You know the OP? Cause... my picture was from 3 weeks ago so ymmv as to how far back most pictures go...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Mine was taken Saturday :)

just saying.

You know the OP? Cause... my picture was from 3 weeks ago so ymmv as to how far back most pictures go...

I think the point that pav is making is to aim for an appropriate rate of loss so that you can minimise muscle loss as much as possible ...1% bodyweight is a good guesstimate of appropriate but many think 2lbs a week is appropriate only over 50lbs to go
  • Colt1835
    Options

just saying.

I don't know the OP. I just know that all pictures are of the past. You know of one that wasn't?

Time Lapse is a pretty good movie about pictures being taken of the future.
  • sizco25
    sizco25 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Gosh I wish I had an allowance of 2630!!! What did you set your activity level to??

it's at active. im usally on a delivery truck all day.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    sizco25 wrote: »
    Gosh I wish I had an allowance of 2630!!! What did you set your activity level to??

That's not sitting half the time? Or more?
  • sizco25
    Options
    scoii wrote: »
    That's a very high number for 2lb per week. Make sure you haven't overestimated your activity level, that's activity outside of exercise. Without knowing height, weight and job it's difficult to confirm.

You could eat less calories and speed up your losses if you are not struggling with hunger.

I'm usally on a truck 12 hours a day at work lol. sideload always moving.
  • sizco25
    Options

just saying.

I need to lose about 50 lbs.. i don't look big in the picture im 6'3 and around 260 right now.. im looking to get down to around 200 or so.. picture was taken in the past 6 months i think. but im alot bigger then what the picture looks lol.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »
    I refer to my food diary every time I eat something. That way I can make adjustments later in the day. If I eat a big lunch, I'll cut back in the evening. If I'm short, I'll find something to make up the difference for an evening snack. It's like living within a budget: if you spend half your paycheck on a new suit, you're not going to be able to meet your bills.

Great analogy. Before I started to make an effort to be more aware of what I was eating (not just how many calories), I ended many days with the nutritional equivalent of a closet full of designer cocktail gowns and no heat or electricity :/
  • sizco25
    Options
    and i've used alot of calroie calculators they all say around 2600 cals to lose 2 lbs a week and around 3400 to maintain weight thats under being active which i think i am.
  • sizco25
    edited July 2016
    Options

No, its a pepsi sideload.. once you get the cases off the truck ur still moving in coolers stocking.. its movment pretty much all day.. i guess its sitting for 5 minutes til u get to the next stop lol
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Try to limit your consumption of roof tiles and bicycle wheels. Otherwise, knock yourself out.

2630 calories at 2lb a week means mfp is estimating maintenance at 3630. Which is high, but given OP is very tall and pretty heavy at 260lb doesn't seem unbelievable to me.
  • ogtmama
    Options

No, its a pepsi sideload.. once you get the cases off the truck ur still moving in coolers stocking.. its movment pretty much all day.. i guess its sitting for 5 minutes til u get to the next stop lol

Sorry about that, I misunderstood. I was picturing a ups delivery guy. :)
  • sizco25
    Options
    Try to limit your consumption of roof tiles and bicycle wheels. Otherwise, knock yourself out.

2630 calories at 2lb a week means mfp is estimating maintenance at 3630. Which is high, but given OP is very tall and pretty heavy at 260lb doesn't seem unbelievable to me.

Yeah, well im still dont believe it.. but i went under diet settings where you adjust all that and checked everything.. and that was just under active which says for a waitress very active is for physical job which i have but i went with active instead.. but i guess MFP wouldn't be wrong lol..
  • sizco25
    Options
    I've been watching my calories past 2 weeks and started at 268 im at 260 now but i figured most of that was just water weight.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

I would suggest starting at that calorie limit and lowering it if it seems as though you're not losing any weight within about a month to a month and a half.

Another suggestion: buy a food scale and measure all of your dry foods for a more accurate look at how many calories you're eating. For instance, a bag of chips will usually say a serving is "about 11 chips" but if you weigh it out, you're certain you're only eating one serving. They're only like $15-20 and they'll make a world of difference!

As for the original question, if your activity level is set correctly you can eat whatever you want as long as it's under your calorie goal. Yes, this includes Big Macs and yes this includes sugar. I've been losing weight on MFP for a while now and I can tell you that not a single Big Mac or Starburst or whatever has "ruined" my progress because I'm still under my calories the vast majority of the time.
  • ogtmama
    Options
    I've been watching my calories past 2 weeks and started at 268 im at 260 now but i figured most of that was just water weight.

Probably, but if after a couple more weeks you're still losing more than 2 pounds a week, you should probably up that activity level to very active.
  • Colt1835
    Options

Probably, but if after a couple more weeks you're still losing more than 2 pounds a week, you should probably up that activity level to very active.

Or just enjoy the extra weight loss.
  • sizco25
    Options
    Yeah went to very active to see how many cals it would give me and it gave me 3,080 lol.....
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

I'm going to second this statement. It probably IS just water weight, I know I tend to hold water like a mofo and drop it off quickly when I start watching calories/working out again.

As for "enjoying the extra weight loss," you can also take this route but beware of eating too little for your fitness level and becoming lethargic. That's never fun