Two Years With My Coach! (W/pics!)

Options
Kait_Dee
Kait_Dee Posts: 175 Member
edited July 2016 in Success Stories
I'm celebrating two years with my personal coach - in this time, we've done two bodybuilding competitions and are currently prepping for another.

I started losing weight in 2010 and ended up hitting a high loss of -110lbs. Right now, I'm teetering on -111 and we have another 10-12lbs to go over the next 12 weeks. When I started with my coach, I was around 180lbs and while athletic, didn't have a "fit body" ... Not fit enough to be competitive and shredded in my sport..! That said, we took a year long off season and worked on building muscle mass (which is hard to do as a natural, female athlete) and strength gains (working on pulling a 300lb deadlift by the end of the year, post-contest). I'm down on lower macros right now, but I've still been managing to hit big numbers on the bar.

I had to gain weight in the off season process (16lbs from my last stage weight) to gain muscle, which I have to admit, was a mind shift and hard to grasp some days. I started this prep cycle 26 weeks out from my next contest (I don't like the stress of 12 week prep cycles) and I'm currently sitting 12 weeks out, 4.5lbs heavier than my last stage weight, and already in better condition due to the increased muscularity from a healthy off season. I feel fantastic after hitting a big milestone at the beginning of the "normal" prep cycle and can't wait to see how things unfold over the next few months!!

Anyhow .. I just needed to share. I've included photos below and welcome any and all new friends on here - I'm a very active user (735+ days in a row!) and also very active on IG - I post a lot of photos (before and afters, food, workout-type stuff) and recipes on there. Feel free to join me on my journey and I'll join you on yours!

qzpcegj8fjaz.jpeg
ycrq1xnaregr.jpeg
uqqakpweqku9.jpeg

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Wow!
    Your hard work is very apparent! You look amazing. You must be thrilled with your success. Congrats!
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    Thank you @snowflake930 ..! I'm definitely thrilled with where I'm at right now. It's been a long road to get to this point, and not without its highs and lows. I'm looking forward to a successful contest and hitting that big 300lb lift this year!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great definition in your legs and nice arms!
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    Thank you @Syneea ..! I work legs two or three times a week throughout the off season and twice a week during competitive cutting. They always come in early, it's my core I struggle with because that's where I've always kept most of my weight. Thank goodness that's coming in early this prep too..!
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Amazing work girl!
  • lauraemily84
    lauraemily84 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing you look great!! Sorry to be blunt are you boobs real? I started with 34f boobs at 9st 8lb now at 8st 12lb I'm 34dd I think I maybe 32 than 34 I'm a bit worried my boobs will keep shrinking I'm currently trying to maintain weight but tone up I'd love my tummy to look like yours x
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    Thanks @BekahC1980!! ;)

Thanks @lauraemily84 - LOL @ blunt! All good. I had a breast lift done to help out. I was a 42-44F when I started so I had a lot of damaged skin/breast tissue when I'd hit my goal weight and maintained it for 2 years. (My normal goal weight is 155lbs in the off season when not bulking.) I'm currently a 32D/DD. As far as core - I work it two to three times a week (ab wheel, Barre3 classes and things like Russian Twists etc) and do Olympic lifting with a ton of core stabilizing work three to four times a week. I also manage my nutrition pretty steadily to keep the flatness, even in the off season. :)
  • BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation. Seeing the picture of you on the stairs in comparison to where you are now - it's like looking at two totally different people.

Do you ever wonder who that new person is that keeps staring at you in the mirror?
  • FitandFocused912
    FitandFocused912 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Your my inspiration! Have similar goal but at 47 finding it a harder (but fun) battle than in my younger years. Seeing you never gave up and stuck with your plan over two years is inspiring. Good luck with you competition
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great transformation. Good luck at the competition!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!! Congrats on your success!! :)
  • lauraemily84
    lauraemily84 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Kait_Dee wrote: »
    Thanks @BekahC1980!! ;)

Thanks @lauraemily84 - LOL @ blunt! All good. I had a breast lift done to help out. I was a 42-44F when I started so I had a lot of damaged skin/breast tissue when I'd hit my goal weight and maintained it for 2 years. (My normal goal weight is 155lbs in the off season when not bulking.) I'm currently a 32D/DD. As far as core - I work it two to three times a week (ab wheel, Barre3 classes and things like Russian Twists etc) and do Olympic lifting with a ton of core stabilizing work three to four times a week. I also manage my nutrition pretty steadily to keep the flatness, even in the off season. :)

Haha - well your boobs look great! I'd love to have a tummy like yours! Well done x
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    @BinaryFu - thank you so much! It's had its ups and downs, but for as many times as I'm down, I always get up one more time.. As far as seeing the new lady in the mirror - man. That's been an ever changing work in progress. I keep photos and my "IG Journal" specifically to help me see the change. The mental game is very hard when it comes to losing that much weight and adapting your entire life to continue to support the ongoing goal and health objective. That's pretty much why I compete, there's a lot of latitude between seasons to find and maintain the pendulum swing.. If that makes any sense?

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement @FitandFocused912 ..! I've made it into a hobby of sorts. I use MFP religiously, aside from email and messaging, it's the most used app on my phone. I really try and keep it fun too. I often try new exercises or workouts to keep engaged (barre3 classes, walking, Zumba). I feel like self-investment is a worthwhile hobby - and because I've been at it for so long, I've been able to find a level of balance that doesn't consume my every waking moment with food prep and being at the gym. Lol!!

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words @TravisJHunt..!

Thank you @smkondy :):)

LOL @lauraemily84 ..!!! Thank you ;) And thanks for the connection..! I'm looking forward to sharing the journey with you!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    @Kait_Dee way to go! Great job! You look fabulous :smiley:
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Your dedication levels are inspiring and I wish you all the success in the world as you go into your next round of competing. <3
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    Thank you @RoseTheWarrior :smiley:

I appreciate your kind words and well wishes @HippySkoppy - thank you!! <3
  • kuksabs
    kuksabs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats!
  • mirandaa1985
    mirandaa1985 Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You are amazing! I started following you on instagram as well. I'm trying to edge into competitive training but it's slow going for me (I have 4 kids age 7-2). My instagram is fit_with_4.

Edited to fix a typo
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!very inspiring
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    Thanks so much for the positive comments @kuksabs..!

Wow @mirandaa1985 - four babes!! You must be a busy bee... ;) I'll check your IG out and follow back! Thanks for the kind words :)

@Mandygring - thank you..!! Appreciate the friend connection as well, looking forward to sharing in your journey :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!