Be Careful When Using The Database

Options
13»

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    If you use the scanner icon in the food lists, this will activate your camera. This will grab the UPC code of the food in your hand and will give you the exact food nutritional content.

I always use this. Just take your phone or tablet to the grocery score and scan the foods u want.

This is how I do it. This way you don't grab a user inputed information. I've been doing this every time since I started and always got accurate readings

I get wrong ones all the time. Can't scan a barcode without also checking the result against the label.

Yeah, and I've also found that when I use the barcode, even if the nutritional information is correct, more often than not it brings up an entry that doesn't have the option for grams. Since I weigh everything I eat, it's useless to me.

It's still useful. If you're scanning the product then you can definitely see the gram weight on your package and use that. Say you have a protein bar and it has a 50 gram serving size, but you have a 52 gram bar. You scan the package and the nutritional information is correct but it has no weight in grams. Just do 52/50 and you get 1.04, which is the serving that you input. If you have don't have a terminating decimal, just round it appropriately. I usually round to the nearest hundredth, so if I have 1.107423... servings of something I input it as 1.11
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Oh and serving sizes are different depending on what country your from, pint & fl oz at least. The amount of entries with only cups or oz is annoying! who weighs in those?!