HERE'S A MEXICAN CHILD PLEASING RECIPE!

Options
jnkreis
jnkreis Posts: 51 Member
A girl that I used to work with gave me this recipe. It's awesome. My 4 year old and my 16 month old always ask for either 2nd's or even 3rd's!

MEXICAN MEATLOAF
1 pound ground turkey
1 can corn or 1 small frozen corn
about 15-30 Doritos chips
Green Onion
Salsa - either can or homeade
Cheese - I use the low fat or sometimes you can find really good low-fat cheese sauces I usually end up using Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese

Take unthawed ground turkey and add corn, onion, and any other veggies that you want. Use the Doritos chips to help mold the meatloaf rather than crackers. If you are not a fan of doritos use Tortilla chips. But in 15-20 doritos total it's like 150 calories (not too bad for the whole thing). Bake at 350 degrees for approx 45 minutes.
When it is done, take the Salsa and the Fiesta Nacho Cheese or other Cheese sause and pour over the top. Enjoy alone, with a low-fat/fat free tortilla, tortilla chips or more doritos if you need to bring the calories up from not eating a whole lot earlier in the day!

Replies

• jnkreis
    jnkreis Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    A girl that I used to work with gave me this recipe. It's awesome. My 4 year old and my 16 month old always ask for either 2nd's or even 3rd's!

MEXICAN MEATLOAF
    1 pound ground turkey
    1 can corn or 1 small frozen corn
    about 15-30 Doritos chips
    Green Onion
    Salsa - either can or homeade
    Cheese - I use the low fat or sometimes you can find really good low-fat cheese sauces I usually end up using Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese

Take unthawed ground turkey and add corn, onion, and any other veggies that you want. Use the Doritos chips to help mold the meatloaf rather than crackers. If you are not a fan of doritos use Tortilla chips. But in 15-20 doritos total it's like 150 calories (not too bad for the whole thing). Bake at 350 degrees for approx 45 minutes.
    When it is done, take the Salsa and the Fiesta Nacho Cheese or other Cheese sause and pour over the top. Enjoy alone, with a low-fat/fat free tortilla, tortilla chips or more doritos if you need to bring the calories up from not eating a whole lot earlier in the day!
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    Yummy sounds great!!!
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    I made this for dinner tonight, and there aren't any kids, but it was adult pleasing too.

Thanks!
  • curvylady
    curvylady Posts: 135
    Options
    Mexican Chicken Layer Bake

Saute 2 cubed chicken breasts in a little olive oil. Add 1 jar of Chunky Tomato Salsa and bring to a simmer for 3 minutes.

Combine 1 cup cooked rice with 1 tin red kidney beans which have been drained, plus some chopped cilantro (coriander). Press into bottom of baking dish.

Sprinkle over about 1 cup cheddar cheese and top with the Chicken and salsa mixture.

Sprinkle with more cheddar and cover and bake at 180 celcius for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for 10 more.

Serve with a bit of light sour cream and/or guacamole

Options: You can add diced onion, peppers (capsicum) to the chicken before adding the salsa. You can also sprinkle extra cilantro (coriander) in between the layers and on top as a garnish.

Definitely a favorite in our household.
  • PrincessRitty
    Options
    BUMP!!

Curvy Lady this is great thanks!

I love how you put the word conversions, i wouldnt of known what cilantro was else!!!

This should do for dinner.

1 question?

Do you have the nutritional infos

__x
  • prinzess44
    Options
    This sounds great. Do you have the Nutritional facts on this?

Thank you
  • curvylady
    curvylady Posts: 135
    Options
    I put the recipe on the database for everyone to use. I hope all the totals are accurate.

Home Made Mexican Chicken Layer Bake

One serving is 1 cup

Calories 324
    Sodium 541 mg
    Total Fat 14 g
    Saturated8 g
    Polyunsaturated 1 g
    Monounsaturated 4 g
    Protein 31 g
    Total Carbs18 g
    Dietary Fiber 3 g
    Potassium 475 mg