18000 calories at once

Options
kxbrown27
kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
So if one Nathan's Coney island hot dog has 170 calories, and assuming the bun has 100 (I don't know what kind they use), Joey Chestnut ate 18900 calories in one sitting today. All hail the king.

Replies

• 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    But how... ? And why?
  • kxbrown27
    Options
    Nathan's hot dog eating contest every 4th of July. He ate 70 in ten minutes. Because he can.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Hot dog eating contest
  • 285to170
    Options
    kxbrown27 wrote: »
    Nathan's hot dog eating contest every 4th of July. He ate 70 in ten minutes. Because he can.

I've never witnessed this! Is it on YouTube yet? Not sure if badass or... Idk

Did he puke?
  • kxbrown27
    Options
    Puking, otherwise known as a reversal of fortune, results in disqualification. I'm sure it will hit one of the tube sites soon.
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I bet he uses a laxative later ... That is a lot of weight to pack around.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    A person could go into cardiac rest or anaphylactic shock and die from consuming that many calories at once.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    A person could go into cardiac rest or anaphylactic shock and die from consuming that many calories at once.

That's why we should all leave this to the professional competitive eaters. These guys train for this.

http://m.mentalfloss.com/article.php?id=57591
  • 285to170
    Options
    kxbrown27 wrote: »

Lol omg thanks for posting this! That was a fun watch. Their gag reflex is seriooooooooously on point! I wonder what type of training they go through during the year for this event. It takes me like ten minutes to eat just one.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    I had to stop watching halfway through, made me want to hurl. :s