C section mommies

jkleeh
jkleeh Posts: 108 Member
I have had three babies first was a V birth my second was a C-section and my third a V birth. I have recently noticed my skin Around my C scar is becoming more and more saggy as I work out, I really hope this means I am loosing some inches in my belly, but I was wondering if any other moms have noticed this.

Replies

• nikkip1982
    nikkip1982 Posts: 18 Member
    I have had 2 c/s, and my belly is still pretty big and gross :(

I cant answer your question, but look forward to the answers!
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    My first two boys were V births and my third was C/s. Hurt like hell. Anyways I am able to see my scar a lil more than I was able to standing straight up in the mirror now. I see more firmness than before but to answer your question I can only hope the sagginess will go away with alot of work.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Unfortunately yes. I have a lot of loose unsightly skin near my scar, but I just had my baby 5.5 months ago. It is improving with time, so be patient and keep working at it.
  • hayles333
    hayles333 Posts: 105 Member
    Bumping in the hopes that someone will have a good answer! I have had two emergency c-sections, and the flap of skin just above my scar makes me shudder daily. I have lost a bunch of weight, but that flap just gets worse and worse. Hopefully it will tighten up someday...
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    I've still got a huge belly from both my emergency c-sections but I always had a big tummy to begin with so I've not really noticed if it's worse than ever or not.

I think some people have had success stories. I personally think I'm going to have to have surgery. Everyone is different. My sister had her daughter at 18 & naturally. She has a constant struggle with her lose skin around her belly & my niece is 3yrs old. My sister has lost HEAPS of weight but that belly is still hanging on.
  • englishbulldog2013
    englishbulldog2013 Posts: 11 Member
    my little girl was c section I hope my go way I hope your go way to I wondering about that too if still there I going doctor see can help to get rid of it and mark on my belly good luck
  • jkleeh
    Thanks Everyone! I don't expect it to fully it tighten since it was a C but I guess I ust didn't imagine it looking more flabby lol. Hopefully it will get better in time.
  • Tabby1216
    Tabby1216 Posts: 56 Member
    I had a vaginal birth with my oldest and then a c/s with the twins. After the twins, I lost 32 lbs within a few weeks and the flap was HORRIBLE... I looked pretty good, besides that flap of skin. It was annoying and made my pants look/fit funny. We shall see what it looks like once I get back down to that weight.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Still battling the skin around the scar :/ Losing weight doesn't seem to do anything about it.
  • jkleeh
    I had a vaginal birth with my oldest and then a c/s with the twins. After the twins, I lost 32 lbs within a few weeks and the flap was HORRIBLE... I looked pretty good, besides that flap of skin. It was annoying and made my pants look/fit funny. We shall see what it looks like once I get back down to that weight.

That is my issue This whole time I have been working to get rid of what i call the front butt but this stupid flap isn't helping.
  • aatlchavens
    aatlchavens Posts: 44 Member
    My overhang has improved a lot with weight loss and weight lifting, but it is still there. Adding in strength training went a long way in improving the "deflated butt" syndrome my stomach has, but what drives me the most insane is that I have two different c-section scars (one from my first two kids, the other from my 3rd because the scar tissue was too bad from the previous one) and one of them is long and goes up a bit toward my hip so the overhang is worse on one side than the other. If I could figure out how the heck to put pictures up here I could show you the huge improvement I saw in 90 days of ChaLean Extreme, but honestly I still have a long way to go and doubt it'll ever look really good again without surgical intervention. I'll just keep eating clean, lifting weights, and saving my pennies for that tummy tuck.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    As I lose, I'm noticing that the skin is pretty baggy around my scar (2 c-sections). My plan is to get down to a healthy weight and maintain it for a couple of years. After that, I'll see where I am. My tummy is certainly smaller after losing 37 pounds.