Help

Options
I'm 20,
I weigh 69kg
I'm 170 centremeters

im wondering how many carbs/protein/fat I should be eating per day? To loose weight, I've tried many sites online but they just don't give me a straight answer...

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    There is no straight answer. What are your goals? Do you have any medical conditions that would be improved or worsened by eating more of a macro? Would you find eating low or high of any macro unsustainable.

To lose fat you just have to eat less calories than your burn. But what is the best macro breakdown to help you find a deficit sustainable varies.
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Input your height, weight and activity level and go with what MFP gave you. Give it a few weeks. No change? Then change the calories down.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what has been said. If you only goal it to lose weight, then calories are the main thing you need to deal with. The Carbs, Protein, Fat (Macro) break down of those calories may help in terms of feeling full, but how that break down works in terms of feeling full varies a lot from person to person. Generally, for many people, protein and fat will help you feel full longer, but as I said, it is calories that determine weight loss. Personally, I would start with breaking down your calories from the macros something like a 40% Carbs, 30% Protein, 30% Fat, then play with that if after a couple of weeks you find it is leaving you too hungry so you go over your calorie goal, or to full feeling so you don't meet you calorie goal.

Where macro breakdowns become more important is if you have other goals. If you are looking at doing lots of endurance activities or work at a very active job more carbs would probably be good. If you are looking at retaining muscle, more protein. So do you have other goals beyond losing weight?
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Double post