Weigh loss in a week!

Options
enino63
enino63 Posts: 3 Member
I am not sure if this is how you do this but I weighed myself today after a week of starting. I have lost 10 lbs! It is going to get easier for now.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,181 Member
    Options
    The loss in the first week is mostly water, although if you got yourself into a calorie deficit on day one and maintained it you almost certainly have lost some fat. Congratulations. Log your food accurately and faithfully and your success is assured.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    The loss in the first week is mostly water, although if you got yourself into a calorie deficit on day one and maintained it you almost certainly have lost some fat. Congratulations. Log your food accurately and faithfully and your success is assured.

I agree as far as the water weight. To the OP, remember you didn't put all the weight on at once so don't expect it to come off that fast. This is a long-term Journey you're starting it's not a short Sprint. By looking at it as a lifestyle change you will succeed. Don't look at this as a diet. That's your worst enemy a diet.

A realistic goal is 2 to 3 pounds per week. Just plug your stats into the mfp and follow the calorie intake this will work for you. Good luck on your journey enjoy
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above, congrats on your big loss the first week. It's really motivating. Don't lose heart when it slows down!

Also, make sure you weigh under the same circumstances every time as weight can fluctuate several lbs throughout the course of the day. I'm a first thing in the am, after rest room, completely naked, person, but just make sure you do the same thing every time. Even moving the scale can make a difference!
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I heard some of the same warnings when i started losing weight...."it will slow down" and like that. I am 6th months in and still averaging over 3 pounds per week. Just keep working at it and you will succeed.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    That's great, what are your stats? Are they the same as OPs?

Also, 3lbs a week is much different than 10lbs a week. As it's a common complaint that in the first couple weeks people lost a lot and then it slowed down, it makes sense for people to say yeah awesome also remember this is just the beginning and it takes time.

Round here, it's generally accepted that unless you are very overweight, you won't keep up 2+ pounds forever without depleting your lean muscle mass.