Weight

Options
Any tips on good exercises to tone body I been using gym for 7 weeks weight fluctuating etc my tummy needs flattening and chest needs some work too I'm not obese or anything jus a few areas need tightening up

Replies

• vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    There's a FitnessBuilder app available for both iPhone and Android phones; I've downloaded it but haven't signed up for an account. It looks like it has a lot of different exercises in it.
  • jbrady574
    jbrady574 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you will give it a look
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    It's called a calorie deficit. Why do so many people use a calorie counting app without knowing its purpose.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. It's going to come off where it chooses.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Yes, fat loss cannot be targeted. So i would follow a standard, full-body strength program, without modifying it to target your fatty areas extra. A good program for your age bracket is New Rules of Lifting for Life. That plus a proper calorie intake will get you to your goal. :+1:
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    @Cherimoose, an honest question.
    Why did you recommend that particular programme based on @jbrady574's age?

Cheers, h.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Cherimoose, an honest question.
    Why did you recommend that particular programme based on @jbrady574's age?

The program recognizes that middle-aged people who are starting or getting back into strength training often can't progress as fast as when they were younger, and that they might have more physical limitations (muscle imbalances from being sedentary, injuries etc). I also like the diversity of fitness aspects that it covers, like multiplanar stability & coordination, speed & agility, mobility & flexibility work, etc. These are often lacking in their lifestyle. It's actually a good program for anyone with a relatively sedentary life. :+1:
  • Kelbelb75
    Kelbelb75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »

The program recognizes that middle-aged people who are starting or getting back into strength training often can't progress as fast as when they were younger, and that they might have more physical limitations (muscle imbalances from being sedentary, injuries etc). I also like the diversity of fitness aspects that it covers, like multiplanar stability & coordination, speed & agility, mobility & flexibility work, etc. These are often lacking in their lifestyle. It's actually a good program for anyone with a relatively sedentary life. :+1:

Thank you for this info. I am going to look into this to start on today.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    @cherimoose, thanks for the explanation.
    I thought that was why but wasn't sure, and it is good to know the reason why.

As an older petite woman I opted for AllPro. I liked the rep increase before weight increase. I had done bodyweight (Nerdfitness), Aqua fit, and Pilates for a couple of years before so had passed my 'weak as a kitten' stage.

I will have a look at it though. Always good to have another programme waiting in the wings.

Cheers, h.