Not losing...any suggestions?????

DCicci3
DCicci3 Posts: 6
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I've been following my 1200 calorie consulption for a week now and have not lost anything. Some days I don't use all of my calories, but I'm pretty close. I have also been exercising a lilttle each day. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm really getting discouraged here!!!!!

Replies

• absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Use your calories, keep exercising, and TAKE. TIME.

It didn't take you a week to get to the weight you are now... this is gonna take a long time, especially if you don't have too too much to lose. It will be fine. Just think more about eating/living a life that's wholesome/healthy than a number on a scale.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    If you are under your 1200 calories and exercising you are probably just not eating enough. Open up your diary might help us with suggestions too.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Please make your diary public and we can help you with some ideas.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    It's OK - it's only been one week. I actually gained the first week and lose 4.6 lbs the second week. Make sure you are keep metabolism going by eating small, healthy meals and snacks throughout the day. Exercise is important so 30-45 minutes 5 days a week aerobic exercise - enough to get your heart rate up (you need to sweat). Not sure what that is for you - for me it is Wii Fit and water aerobics. What's important is that you do not give up - you will lose!
  • CharleneM
    CharleneM Posts: 64 Member
    I was focusing on my weight too, until I measured myself. THAT is the true loss for me. I have lost 3 inches in my hips and 2 in my waist. All of my pants are hanging down and I finally got into my favorite pair of pants since 2 years ago. When I play outside in the yard, I bend over ALOT and that has tremedously helped my stomach..it is disappearing!
    Like the others say, don't get into a hurry, it takes time. I lose about a pound a week, I want it faster but I am happy it is happening at all. GOOD LUCK and don't give up.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    if you're only eating 1200 cals and exercising your body may go into starvation mode (that's what happened to me). Be sure to eat your exercise calories too.:smile:
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Along with these suggestions ...

You can run reports showing your levels of intake for various things as well. I was stuck for several weeks and last week I started fiddling around with the reports, looking for clues. To my shock I'd been taking in WAY too much sodium! I cut my sodium down to about 2000 mg a day and in 4 days I've lost 2 lb already. :happy:

But, sometimes it just takes a little time. Be patient and diligent :flowerforyou:
  • jrich1
    I looked at your diary where you had exercised and only ate around 750 cals for the day, you are starving yourself.. eat more and you will lose weight :)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    First: read the sticky notes on the main forum page...they will answer a lot of questions for you.
    Second: you haven't been on here long enough to see a change...it may take weeks or months for a noticable difference to be seen.
    Third: relax, it's a life long journey not a race.
  • DCicci3
    DCicci3 Posts: 6
    I really don't feel hungry when I eat less calories. Should I just keep eating????
  • jrich1
    I really don't feel hungry when I eat less calories. Should I just keep eating????

your body needs 1200 a day to function, you exercise and give it 750 it starts storing food and fat because its not getting the nourishment.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    From what I've seen of your diary you're not eating enough on a lot of days. The min. amount of cals. that you need to have during a day is 1200 and there were many days where you didn't even reach 1000. If you don't eat enough your body goes into starvation mode which it will start to store fat. Eat your 1200 and then some if you exercise. Give it time... it takes time. Good luck!
  • SunnyGirl32
    SunnyGirl32 Posts: 6 Member
    Drink your water, too. This helps. It's NOT easy to down all the H2O, but I swear, when I do this....I lose. Hope that helps.
  • BbNuke
    BbNuke Posts: 82 Member
    After looking at your diary, I would suggest upgrading the quality of your food. Get rid of the candy, cookies & white bread - and replace them with nutrient rich foods. Just a suggestion...
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Okay, I went back and checked your food diary....cut the junk out or only have it once a week. My food diary is public and if you wish to take a look it's fine by me (I wasn't on here for the past month so you may have to go back a few weeks to find some entries).
    Eat as close to pure, healthy food as possible and your body will thank you. Make sure to drink your water and eat most if not all of your excercise calories.
    Also please read this: it is full of information that is vital to a healthy life (such as eating 1200 cals a day).
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    I checked your diary too, the thing I noticed was that breakast was really light, lunch and dinner had the most cals-I don't know what your schedule for work, ect is but if you're up during the day try having more cals at breakfast and lunch, fewer at dinner. switch to whole grains, less processed food, if ya got a chocolate thing going try the higher % 70 or better, much better for you and you actually want less (so rich). also try to eat every 3-4 hours: breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack (if ya want it)
    snacks for me are usually fruit and nuts. it works for me, but it did make a big adjustment since I didn't eat breakfast very often...
    good luck!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Others have given their thoughts and I just looked at your diary and noticed days of eating only 600 an 800 some cals for the total day out of 1200. YIKES! Far to low to lose or even to stay healthy Hon. LOTS of processed froods I noticed, deli meats run very very very high in sodium. Cooking a chicken on the weekend and slicing it up for lunches during the week will taste far better and your body will love you for it!

Good luck, doing really pretty well for the first week though (just now read your comment):drinker: You'll get in the groove pretty quickly:flowerforyou: :wink:
This discussion has been closed.